Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler (great for Baby-Led Weaning)
Bite sized pasta, broccoli, carrots and chickpeas get tossed in a tasty mild curry sauce that will delight any baby or toddler’s growing taste buds! This finger food salad is a fun way to introduce curry to baby. Perfect for baby-led weaning and the finger food stage!
This Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler is so good that it is about to get completely gobbled up by your little one – one tiny piece at a time.
We toss bite size pieces of pasta, broccoli, carrots and cut chickpeas in a creamy and mild curry sauce that is made with yogurt, apple cider vinegar, a mild curry powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic.
It might seem exotic – curry! turmeric! ginger!
But when you mix those somewhat bold and exotic flavors with a mild and creamy yogurt, everything mellows out a bit. Don’t get me wrong, the earthy flavor of the curry is still there. But it is presented in a much more approachable way for baby’s growing taste buds.
The curry sauce has just the right amount of spiced up yumminess that your baby or toddler will love.
This finger food salad is going to bring a whole new level of worldliness to your baby or toddler’s weeknight dinner:)
With this delicious dish, getting maximum nutrients into your baby or toddler during the finger food stage is easy!
Pasta – I used an organic shell pasta. But you can use whatever type of pasta your family likes best – whole wheat, rice, lentil, etc. Just make sure you are using small-medium sized shaped pasta, as spaghetti is seriously the hardest pasta for any baby and toddler to pick up and eat.
Broccoli – is great for improving eye, teeth, gums, bone and brain health!
Carrots – helps improve eye sight, eases digestion and boosts immunity
Chickpeas – great source of plant-based protein
Mild Curry Powder – protects heart health, improves bone health and has antibacterial activity
Turmeric – is a power spice that improves brain function, helps reduce inflammation and boosts skin health.
How to make Baby-Led Weaning Curry Pasta Salad –
More Finger Food Recipes Your Baby or Toddler Will Love:
If you try this recipe, let me know! I want to see your yummy creations! Snap a pic and share it HERE on Pinterest
Get the recipe: Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler
- 1 cup dry pasta small to medium shaped pasta works best
- 1/3 cup carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chick peas skins removed and cut in half
- In a medium saucepan, cook pasta according to directions on package. When you have 2 minutes left on the timer, add in the chopped carrots, broccoli and chick peas and let cook for the remaining time.
- Drain pasta, carrots, broccoli and chick peas and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, agave nectar (if using), curry, turmeric, garlic, ginger and salt and mix well.
- Transfer the pasta, carrots, broccoli and chick peas to a medium bowl.
- Add in the curry dressing 1 tablespoon at a time until you have your desired sauce-to-pasta ratio. You will probably not use the entire batch of curry dressing. I used a little over 2 tablespoons in the recipe above. You can save the rest of the curry dressing. I love using my left over curry dressing as a dip for my kids alongside an assortment offresh or roasted veggies.
- Serve and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and chopped/shredded
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped (cook in pasta water)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped (for toddlers)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped