This Easy-Peasy 5 Veggie Pasta is a nutritious and flavorful meal for baby and toddler! Great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage! 6+ months and up.
This wholesome dish is made by tossing together your favorite pasta, a whopping 5 different veggies and a simple yet delicious basil dressing.
For the veggies, I used a mixture of frozen corn, carrots, peas, green beans (I chopped them before cooking) and red peppers but you can use whatever frozen or fresh veggies you have on hand or that baby or toddler prefers.
You should have everything on hand to make the super simple (yet favorable) basil dressing that is made with dried basil, garlic powder and olive oil. If you have fresh basil on hand, you can totally use a tablespoon of chopped fresh basil in place of the dried basil, but my kiddos tend to like the dried basil version better in this dish.
Reasons to Love this Easy-Peasy 5 Veggie Pasta for Baby + Toddler:
- great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- nutrient packed meal for growing babes
- customizable – pasta and veggies can change based on diet or what you have on hand
- 6+ months and up
- family-friendly (our entire family ate this recipe for dinner)
- can use fresh or frozen veggies
- great recipe for baby or toddler’s lunch, dinner or packed school lunch
- vegan (omit the cheese)
- can be made gluten-free by using gluten free pasta
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- Curry Pasta Salad for Baby + Toddler
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 4 Baby-Led Weaning Snack Food Ideas
- Tofu Seasoned Tofu Nuggets – Finger Food for Baby & Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Easy-Peasy 5 Veggie Pasta for Baby
- 1 cup pasta of choice original, whole wheat, gluten free, lentil, bean, etc
- 1 cup mix of chopped vegetables fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- Fill a large stockpot 3/4 the way full of water, and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package. If using fresh vegetables – when you have 2 minutes left on the timer, add in the vegetables into the pasta water. If using frozen vegetables – when you have 4 minutes left on the timer, add in the vegetables into the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, stir together the olive oil, garlic powder and dried basil. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables.
- In the same stockpot, add in the cook pasta, vegetables and olive oil mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.