15 Lunch Ideas for Baby (6+ months)
15 Lunch Ideas for Baby – you’ll love this collection of 15 easy, healthy, and delicious baby food purees for lunch! These purees are packed with fruits, vegetables, and tons of nutrition (and taste) to keep your baby fully and happy all day. Feeding baby a delicious lunch has never been so easy! Great baby food for 6+ months – stage 2 baby food puree.
Update: this post was originally posted in June 2017 and has been updated.
Baby Lunch Ideas
It was during lunch time that I usually served a new and exciting puree to baby.
The reason was simple. I found that during lunchtime my little one was usually in a good mood from just waking up from their mid-morning nap and by then I had usually taken a shower, changed into a newish pair of yoga pants and was on my second pot of coffee.
Yeppers, by noon, we were both finally ready to rock and roll!
For us, breakfast was always hit or miss depending on how they (and me) slept the night before – ie, it usually had to be easy to make and serve (here is a list of our favorite breakfast purees).
Dinner was also a good meal for my girls but my main goal for their dinner puree was getting as much of their favorite calorie and nutrient dense purees into their bellies as I possibly could in order to make them nice and full so they would (fingers-crossed) sleep through the night. I am not by any means a mom that can go without sleep.
So lunch was our time to play with food.
I introduced almost all their new flavored purees during this time. I also picked purees that were loaded with a ton of nutrient dense fruits and veggies to serve for this meal. For the most part, I found that both of my girls were really open and ready to eat during this time. They ate almost anything I would serve and because it was in the middle of the day, we were both in a good mood to try new foods and new methods of eating. These new methods of eating consisted of giving them their spoon and seeing what would happen, mess and all.
More Lunch Options
And to add even more nutrients, protein, fiber and healthy fats, here are some great add-ins to the purees below –
- Full-fat plain Greek yogurt, which is filled with probiotics for a healthy gut. You can also serve goat, almond, coconut or soy yogurt, just make sure it is plain and has no added sugar.
- Homemade cereal (this is a great one to try) for extra fiber and iron.
- A spoonful of chicken or beef puree for extra protein and iron.
- Canned coconut milk for some extra healthy fat and bonus nutrients.
- A small drizzle of good quality olive oil, melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil for some extra healthy fat which is great for bone and brain development.
Below, you will find 15 of our favorite purees for lunch. Fun combinations that are filled with nutritious fruits and vegetables along with out-of-this-world flavors.
5-Minute Banana, Blueberry + Avocado Baby Food Puree
Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree with Tarragon
Butternut Squash Baby Food
Apple, Spinach + Pea Baby Food Puree
Peach + Cauliflower Baby Food Puree with Ginger
Butternut Squash, Cherries and Flax Seeds Baby Puree
Purple Carrots, Blueberries with Nutmeg Baby Food Puree
ASPARAGUS + MINT
Pumpkin Chicken Baby Food Puree
Avocado, Pear + Kiwi Baby Food Puree
Blueberry Chickpea with Rosemary Baby Food Puree
Sweet Potato, Mango with Ginger Baby Food Puree
Carrot, Mango + Apricot Baby Food Puree
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
- 9 Best Organic Baby Food Pouches (expert review)
Get the recipe: 15 Lunch Ideas for Baby
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!