This Pumpkin Chicken Baby Food Puree is a delicious fall inspired recipe for baby. Made with pumpkin, chicken, parsnips and ginger for a fun and nutritious take on the tastes of the season. Great for 6+ months – stage 2 baby food.
Pumpkin Chicken Baby Food Puree
Let’s make a deal. You can have this delicious Fall inspired pumpkin recipe, but in exchange I need something from you.
Isn’t that how all great friendships work – give and take. I would normally just invite you over for some coffee or wine and we would chat for hours, but seeing that you are there and I am here, I don’t think that would work out. But if you want to stop reading and grab that drink, I am certainly okay with that.
So let me talk up this recipe a little bit.
It starts by having us multi-tasking on the oven. Roasting the pumpkin, chicken and parsnip all at the same time, giving us some time to sit back and do our favorite momma activity – have a quick cap-nap, stare at a blank wall, drink another cup of coffee. The time is yours, use it wisely for something that isn’t on your to-do list.
After the roasting happens, the next steps are simple and painless. All you have to do is scape the warm pumpkin off the skin, dump everything into a blender and puree for a couple seconds. Then you are done. Check and check. A seasonal puree that is loaded with goodness through and through. A spicy, buttery puree that your little one will gobble up.
Now, what I need from you. Advice. That’s it. I wouldn’t ask for anything too big.
I need some advice on how to make time in my life for working out. It is just.not.happening! I feel like since the new baby came, I just can’t seem to find the time, energy or motivation to put on my gym clothes and get my sweet on. So let me ask you – how do you make time for yourself? How do you motivate yourself when the kids are down for naps and the only thing you want to do is take a long nap yourself? When do you workout? Morning or Night? What advice can you give me?
Go ahead and leave your comments below – give it to me straight.
See that wasn’t such a bad trade!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Pumpkin + Thyme
- Pumpkin + Basmati Rice
Pumpkin Chicken Baby Food Puree
- 1/2 small pie pumpkin, de-seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (see notes below)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chop
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 cups liquids – water, breastmilk, formula, no-sodium stock
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or a silicon mat.
- Lay a large piece of tin foil on top of a cutting board or counter. Place the chicken breast and parsnips onto the piece of foil. Wrap the chicken and parsnips up tightly in the foil like a package, leaving the seams of the foil at the top. Place onto one side of the baking sheet.
- Place the wedges of the pumpkin on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken tin foil packet and let cool. Bake the pumpkin for an additional 10-15 minutes or until easily pricked with a fork. Let pumpkin cool slightly.
- One pumpkin is cool enough to handle, scrape the skin off the pumpkin and discard.
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Place the chicken, parsnips, pumpkin and ginger into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes, adding in 1/4 cup of liquid at a time if needed.