Pumpkin, Yogurt + Prunes – a fun seasonal baby food puree that takes only 15 minutes to make and is packed with vitamin A, beta carotene, potassium, protein and iron just from the pumpkin. Great for 6+ months – stage 2 baby food.
Pumpkin, Yogurt + Prunes Baby Food Puree
If you think that making pumpkin puree takes an entire day in the kitchen, think again!
This seasonal puree takes only 15 minutes to make and is packed with vitamin A, beta carotene, potassium, protein and iron just from the pumpkin.
When mixed with yogurt and prunes your baby is not only getting a big dose of good bacteria to help heal and improve their gut but also a ton of fiber to help them maintain bowl movements and to get things moving ‘down there’.
This puree is great as is, but to experience that ‘I can’t believe this is NOT pumpkin pie’ moment, add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg while pureeing.
Serve slightly warm for baby and along with a mug of pumpkin chia latte for yourself.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- 5 Pumpkin Baby Food Purees
- Carrot, Corn + Pumpkin Baby Food Puree
Pumpkin, Yogurt + Prune Baby Food Puree
- 1/2 small pie pumpkin (roughly 3 cups) peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 prunes, dried
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place pumpkin into a steamer basket over boiling water, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or when you can easily prick the pumpkin chunks with a fork. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Meanwhile, place the prunes into a small bowl and cover with very hot water for 10 minutes. This will let them plump up and become tender.
- Place the pumpkin, yogurt and prunes into blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes until smooth, adding reserved steamer water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.