This comforting fall flavored Carrot, Corn & Pumpkin Puree will surly be a winner with baby’s expanding tastebuds. And since it is filled with nutrients that help boost baby’s eye, nerve, bone and brain development, it will be a winner with mom as well. Great recipe for 6 months and up – stage 2 baby food.
Carrot, Corn & Pumpkin Baby Food Puree
Sweet, earthy and with a touch of savory, this puree is about to get licked right off of the spoon.
It’s a good thing it is made with only 3 wholesome ingredients and can be made in only 10 minutes, because this puree is about to become a staple recipe in your house this fall.
If you don’t have 10 minutes, don’t worry. Beech-Nut already did all of the work for you with their jarred version of this puree!
And yes, they use the exact same 3 ingredients and cooking process that I am using below.
It truly is the closest to homemade baby food on the market #score
This puree is loaded with vitamin A (beta-carotene), B, C, D, E and K, fiber, magnesium, potassium and calcium, making it as nutritious as it is delicious!
Ingredients in this Baby Food Puree
Carrots – Carrots are filled with 3 nutrients (beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin) which boost baby’s eye health.
Corn – Corn is high in Thiamin, which is essential for promoting healthy nerves and brain development.
Pumpkin – Pumpkin is rich in tryptophan, which has been shown to help baby relax, unwind and sleep better! That alone is reason enough to serve pumpkin to baby at every meal;)
How to Make Carrot Pumpkin Baby Food Puree
Let’s get cooking! Don’t worry, this is the easy part.
- Prep: peel and roughly chop pumpkin and carrots. You don’t need a ton of pumpkin or carrots in this recipe so you can use leftovers from your dinner or double (or triple) this recipe.
- Steam: place the carrots and pumpkin into a steamer basket and steam until just tender.
- Add Ingredient: add in the corn and steam for a few more minutes.
- Blend: transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until creamy and smooth.
- Carrots tend to need way more liquids while pureeing then you would think, so reserve the leftover steamer water to add in while blending. Feel free to use breast milk, formula, stock or plain water instead of the reserved steamer water if you want. I used a 1/2 cup of reserved water while I was blending the puree and it was still a pretty thick puree, so don’t be shy when adding in the liquids.
- Also, while the recipe for the Beech-Nut puree doesn’t have any spices in it, I think this puree would be an amazing recipe to add in a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, rosemary or even a mild curry powder. I have more spice add-in recommendations at the bottom of the recipe.
Since this is the first time baby will get to experience all of the wonderful flavors of the fall season, let’s start it off right and serve up this delicious fall puree right away!
More Baby Food Recipes
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Carrot, Corn & Pumpkin Baby Food Puree
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup pie pumpkin peeled, seeded and chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, place the chopped carrots and pumpkin, cover and steam for 7 minutes. Add in the corn on top of the carrots and pumpkin, cover and steam for an additional 3 minutes.
- Let cool. Reserve the steamer water.
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender and puree on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth. If puree is too thick, add in reserved steamer water, breast milk, formula, chicken broth or water in 1/4 cup increments until you reach your desired consistency. I added in 1/2 cup of reserved water to the puree pictured above.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer – this post was sponsored by Beech-Nut Baby Food, but the opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Baby FoodE!