Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree with Tarragon
This Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree, or Super Green Power Puree as I like to call it, is filled with 3 different green vegetables and rounded out with a touch of pear sweetness and refreshing tarragon. Using the Babymoov Nutribaby this puree is done in a snap and is a must make puree for any baby (or toddler)!
Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree
Did you survive the craziness??.. Halloween followed up with daylight savings! Holy Moly!
It was like a double hitter – excess of sugar and lack of sleep!
I would like to say that my family and I cruised through Halloween with just a little extra sugar and an extra servings of vegetables, but this is not the case. We do up Halloween! CANDY! COSTUMES! BOOZE (for the adults)! We eat candy, and a ton of it. This happens one day a year, so we go all out, and I am pretty sure Ellie has eaten her body weight in candy!
Obviously, she (and the rest of us) was a mess the day after.
Which means, it is time now time for a huge heaping serving of green vegetables! Flush that sugar (and tantrums) away. The easiest way to get a large serving of vegetables into my toddlers body is a reusable pouch filled with a healthy and tasty puree!
Broccoli, asparagus and green beans are quickly steamed and sweetened with a couple pears and flavored with refreshing tarragon! Yumminess in a puree, hooray!
If you are still in that cute angelic baby-whom-has-never-had-a-touch-of-sugar-in-their-lives phase and this post is scaring the crap out of you, don’t worry, this puree is great for babies as well.
Full of iron, potassium, fiber and vitamin C, this puree is loaded with nutrients for baby! But get this, tarragon helps relieve toothaches, helps ease an upset stomach and promotes a goods night rest!! <——— are you thinking what I am thinking? Yes, we should definitely start adding tarragon into every puree we make!
Okay, enough about sugar crashes, let’s move on to this amazing puree!
The lovely people at Babymoov sent me a Nutribaby to try out, and let me tell you, it’s amazing! At first, I was a little bit overwhelmed with everything that it comes with – at least 8 pieces!! 8 PIECES! I was actually a little nervous setting it all up.
But after you get it all put together, you realize that this machine has so many pieces because it does pretty much everything for you – warms bottles, sterilizes bottles and pumping parts, heats cooked baby food, steams and purees food and even hard boils eggs!! All of that in on machine. Score!!
This puree recipe is an easy one, we chop up the veggies and quickly steam. Steaming is such a great way to keep all the nutrients from the vegetables while getting a crispy and light tasting puree.
Since the Nutribaby has two different steaming trays, we are going to put all of the green veggies in the large tray and the pears and tarragon in the smaller tray. This lets us steam the trays for different times, which is great because the green vegetables need a little longer to steam then the pears.
We load up the green veggies, push start and let this machine do all the hard work.
It beeps, we add the second tray and spend the last couple minutes of our downtime eating the remaining pieces of the Halloween candy.
Beeps again, and the cooking is done! We pour all the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth. It’s a wrap!
But wait, here is the best part – ALL of the Nutribaby parts are dishwasher safe!!.. minus the base part, which has a motor, so no that can’t go in the dishwasher. But the rest of the parts can. So in they go and now you are done!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree with Tarragon
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans trimmed and chopped
- 2 pears peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon finely chopped*
Instructions for Babymoov Nutribaby
- Fill the water tank. Place the broccoli, asparagus and green beans into the large basket and start a 15 minute steam cycle.
- When done, add pears and tarragon into the second basket (smaller basket), place the basket on top of the first basket and start a 5 minute steam cycle.
- Using the provided spatula, transfer all the contents of the two baskets to the blender. Add in half of the reserved cooking water and puree until smooth, adding in additional cooking water if needed.
Instructions for Regular Cooking Method
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2″ of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the broccoli, asparagus and beans into a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in pears and tarragon and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved steamer water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
Disclaimer – All thoughts and opinions about this product are my own. This post does include affiliate links on products that I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Baby FoodE!
4 Comments on “Broccoli + Asparagus Baby Food Puree with Tarragon”
Hello what age is this appropriate for? Hope I did not miss it in the above piece. I think it may be nice to put the age in the heading so that at a glance I can tell.
My LO enjoys ur recipes so much with ur pear and prune as OUR (entire family) personal favorite
Hi! What’s the measurement for the tarragon? The recipe says 1/2 but doesn’t say measurement 🙂
Sorry, 1/2 teaspoon 😉
Food recipes for 4-6 months old.