18 Breakfast Ideas for Baby (6+ months)
18 Breakfast Ideas for Baby – endless ideas and inspiration in this collection of 18 easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast baby food purees! They’re packed with fruits, vegetables, and tons of nutrition (and taste) to keep your baby fully and happy all day. Great baby food for 6+ months – stage 2 baby food purees.
Baby Breakfast Ideas
When I first starting feeding my girls purees for breakfast I was a bit conflicted about what to serve them.
Given that I am a recovering type A personality, I wanted to pack as many nutrients into a single serving that I could. I didn’t care what time of day it was, baby was going to get nutrients, nutrients and more nutrients. I didn’t care that kale, broccoli and green beans can be a little much for their palette at 8 in the morning.
So, I started with the healthiest, densest and most nutritious purees I could make.
And as you can image, both of my baby girls give me some questionable looks before refusing to open their little mouths for a single bite.
After a couple of mornings of this, I realized that since I didn’t even eat kale, broccoli and green beans for breakfast, why on earth would my child.
So, I switched things up and went with softer, milder and smoother tasting purees for breakfast. These purees were still packed with nutrients but were way easier for the little ones to eat in the early hours of the day.
Of course, I saved and served the kale, broccoli and green bean purees for later in the day:)
These are 18 of our favorite purees for baby’s breakfast. They are delicious, nutritious and so easy for baby to eat without complaint. And yes, there are even some with kale and spinach added in that are still sweet and perfect for breakfast (high-five!).
Reasons to Love these Breakfast purees for baby
- great for 6+ months
- nutrient dense
- mild and softer tasting purees
- stage 2 baby food
- wholesome ingredients
- freezer-friendly purees
More Breakfast Options
For a heartier breakfast, feel free to add in a spoonful or two of the following to any of the purees below:
- Healthy Baby Cereal – this quinoa cereal puree is amazing and packed with protein and iron.
- Full-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt – yogurt adds in probiotics and some extra healthy fat to satisfy baby’s tummy. You can also serve goat, almond, coconut or soy yogurt to baby, just make sure it is plain and had no added sugars.
- Canned Coconut Milk – coconut milk is a great way to add in extra healthy fat that helps build muscles and helps with brain development.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
- 9 Best Organic Baby Food Pouches (expert review)
Get the recipe: Spiced Pear Oats & 17 More Breakfast Ideas for Baby
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pear, oats, water and cloves. Heat on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the pear is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the dates in small bowl and cover with very warm water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add in the cooked oats, pear and dates. For a stage 2 puree – puree for 1-2 minutes or until completley smooth. For a stage 3 puree – pulse in 5 second intervals until combined yet still chunky.