This Roasted Pear + Date Baby Food Puree will taste like a special treat for baby. Filled with wholesome roasted pears, dates and a squeeze of orange for a little zest! Great for 6+ months – Stage 2 or 3 baby food.
Roasted Pear + Dates Baby Food Puree
This puree is a special treat because it is Friday and we can all use something a little extra special on Friday. For us mama’s our special Friday treat should involves a couple of these, these or these. If you are knocked up like I am then we will have to settle for this, this or this. Either way, it is a win/win.
But for the kiddos neither one of our special treats will due.
So, we have to try something else.
Something roasted and sweet with a squeeze of orange just because we can.
This puree is healthy enough to be called baby food but yummy enough that if us mama’s were to add some heavy cream, a good amount of sugar and some chocolate we could call it dessert.
A puree that is smooth and chunky at the same time while still having the power to melt in your mouth.
It’s Friday. Let’s go crazy.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Roasted Pear + Date Baby Food Puree
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 5 dried dates, pitted
- 1 orange, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Place pears on the baking sheet, put into the oven and roast for 30 minuters. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water, Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the pears and dates to a blender or food processor. Add in the orange juice. For a Stage 2 Puree – puree for 1-2 minutes or until completley smooth, adding in water in tbsp increments if needed. For a Stage 3 Puree – pulse in 10 second increments until ingredients are completely mixed together yet still chunky.
- Serve warm for an extra special treat.