This powerhouse Egg Yolk + Avocado Baby Food Puree is filled with protein, healthy fats and a ton of essential vitamins and minerals for a growing baby. This makes a perfect (if not common) first food for baby!
Egg Yolk and Avocado Baby Food Puree
Egg yolk and avocado sound weird for a baby puree, right?
That’s what I thought as well. So glad we are on the same page.
When Elliette was little I did lots of research on what the best first foods for babies where and I found that one popular belief among natural food nutritionists is that egg yolks are supreme to any other foods.
Benefits of Egg Yolks for Baby:
Egg yolks are filled with choline, cholesterol and other brain-nourishing substances that are vital for the insulation of the nerves in the brain and entire central nervous system. Since the brain is so dependent on cholesterol, it is especially vital during this time when the brain growth is in hyper-speed (read more about the benefits of egg yolks here).
Benefits of Avocados for Baby:
Avocados, are quite possibly the best food in the world and contain everything a person needs to survive off of (yes, you can repeat that sentence to yourself while you indulge in your third avocado toast of the week;). Besides having a creamy texture that lends itself perfectly to baby purees, they are full of essential monounsaturated fats which babies need in their daily diet to help with proper brain growth.
Egg yolks and avocados might just be the powerhouse of baby purees.
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks peeled and white parts saved for another use
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tbsp liquid water, breast milk, formula or stock
To make Puree in Blender or Food Processor
- Place the cooked egg yolk and avocado in a blender and puree on low, scrapping down sides until smooth, adding in liquid one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
To make Puree by Hand
- Place the cooked egg yolk and avocado in a small bowl or cutting board and mash with a fork until combined, adding in liquid one tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. This method makes a slightly more chunkier puree.