Avocado Egg Toast for Baby + Toddler
This Avocado + Egg Toast is the baby and toddler version of the latest food sensation – Avocado Toast. The perfect quick breakfast for any modern parent and their child. Great for baby-led weaning or 9+ months and up.
Avocado Toast + Egg
A baby and toddler version of the latest food sensation – Avocado Toast.
I mean.. since you are probably already making yourself a thick slice of avocado toast for your own breakfast, you should just make one for your little one as well👩👧❤️🥑🍞
This baby and toddler version of avocado toast is a simple one – toasted whole wheat bread, smeared with freshly smashed avocado and then sprinkled with hard boiled eggs.
For your avocado toast, you can drizzle a little sriracha or sprinkle with some hot red peppers or everything bagel seasoning on top. Paired with your favorite bullet-proof coffee for the best-breakfast-ever!
Avocado Toast + Hard Boiled Egg = the perfect quick breakfast for any modern parent and their child!
Reasons to Love Avocado Toast with Hard Boiled Egg
- great on-the-go breakfast option
- 9+ months (can serve items separately for younger babies)
- good for baby-led weaning or finger food stage
- full of healthy fats
- can be made gluten-free
- family-friendly – for your avocado toast add a drizzle of sriracha or a pinch of red hot peppers to the top.
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
Avocado + Egg Toast Ingredients
- Avocado: a great source of healthy fats, fiber, folate as well as vitamin K and C. Baby and toddler need a great deal of healthy fats in their diets to help with their brain, bone and muscle development.
- Eggs: full of protein, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. I would recommend using free-range organic eggs for this recipe if accessible, but any eggs will do. You can hard boil your eggs any way you prefer – stovetop, oven or instant pot. Or simply buy them hard boiled from the store
- Whole Wheat Toast: I used a piece of whole wheat bread for this recipe, but you can use any bread your family prefers – thick cut loaf, sourdough, white, multi-grain, gluten-free.
How to Make Avocado + Egg Toast
- Toast: lightly toast bread
- Smash Avocado: using a fork, smash avocado until smooth
- Chop: chop hard boiled egg into small pieces
- Assemble: spread the avocado onto the toast then sprinkle the hard boiled egg on top
- Serve: and enjoy
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this toast.
- They can help to mash the avocado.
- Toddlers can help lay the chopped egg on the toast.
- They can mash the avocado and spread it on the toast
- Using a non-sharp knife they can cut the eggs.
- Have them lay the chopped eggs on the toast.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
DID YOU MAKE THIS AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Avocado Toast with Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 large piece of whole wheat bread (see notes below)
- 1/3 avocado, ripe
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled
- Lightly toast bread.
- Smash the avocado with the back of a fork, spread onto the toasted bread.
- Roughly chop the hard boiled egg, sprinkle of top of avocado.
- Cut avocado toast into strips or chunks, and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!
4 Comments on “Avocado Egg Toast for Baby + Toddler”
I had to add my own seasoning
Love to know which seasoning did you add? Was this to your own avocado toast? or toddlers?
Thank you for this! My baby loves it. Your recipes are amazing and very user friendly.
So glad baby enjoyed this! And hopefully, you got to enjoy some avocado toast as well;)