This Avocado + Egg Toast is the baby and toddler version of the latest food sensation – Avocado Toast. The perfect quick breakfast for any modern parent and their child. Great for baby-led weaning or 9+ months and up.
Avocado Toast + Egg
A baby and toddler version of the latest food sensation – Avocado Toast.
I mean.. since you are probably already making yourself a thick slice of avocado toast for your own breakfast, you should just make one for your little one as well👩👧❤️🥑🍞
This baby and toddler version of avocado toast is a simple one – toasted whole wheat bread, smeared with freshly smashed avocado and then sprinkled with hard boiled eggs.
For your avocado toast, you can drizzle a little sriracha or sprinkle with some hot red peppers or everything bagel seasoning on top. Paired with your favorite bullet-proof coffee for the best-breakfast-ever!
Avocado Toast + Hard Boiled Egg = the perfect quick breakfast for any modern parent and their child!
Reasons to Love Avocado Toast with Hard Boiled Egg
- great on-the-go breakfast option
- 9+ months (can serve items separately for younger babies)
- good for baby-led weaning or finger food stage
- full of healthy fats
- can be made gluten-free
- family-friendly – for your avocado toast add a drizzle of sriracha or a pinch of red hot peppers to the top.
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
Avocado + Egg Toast Ingredients
- Avocado: a great source of healthy fats, fiber, folate as well as vitamin K and C. Baby and toddler need a great deal of healthy fats in their diets to help with their brain, bone and muscle development.
- Eggs: full of protein, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. I would recommend using free-range organic eggs for this recipe if accessible, but any eggs will do. You can hard boil your eggs any way you prefer – stovetop, oven or instant pot. Or simply buy them hard boiled from the store
- Whole Wheat Toast: I used a piece of whole wheat bread for this recipe, but you can use any bread your family prefers – thick cut loaf, sourdough, white, multi-grain, gluten-free.
How to Make Avocado + Egg Toast
- Toast: lightly toast bread
- Smash Avocado: using a fork, smash avocado until smooth
- Chop: chop hard boiled egg into small pieces
- Assemble: spread the avocado onto the toast then sprinkle the hard boiled egg on top
- Serve: and enjoy
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this toast.
- They can help to mash the avocado.
- Toddlers can help lay the chopped egg on the toast.
- They can mash the avocado and spread it on the toast
- Using a non-sharp knife they can cut the eggs.
- Have them lay the chopped eggs on the toast.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
DID YOU MAKE THIS AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Avocado Toast with Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 large piece of whole wheat bread (see notes below)
- 1/3 avocado, ripe
- 1 hard boiled egg, peeled
- Lightly toast bread.
- Smash the avocado with the back of a fork, spread onto the toasted bread.
- Roughly chop the hard boiled egg, sprinkle of top of avocado.
- Cut avocado toast into strips or chunks, and serve.