Blueberry Chickpea with Rosemary Baby Food Puree
This Blueberry Chickpea with Rosemary Baby Food Puree is a superfood combo to be reckoned with! It’s packed with antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin A and C from the blueberries and protein, zinc, manganese, folate and iron from the chick peas. All of that goodness packed into a super simple and delicious puree!
This recipe is perfect for a Friday = very little work required.
In fact, this recipe is perfect for almost everyday in summer, when standing in front of a hot stove might be the last thing you want to do in your kitchen on an already hot day.
All you have to do is measure [or eyeball] the ingredients into a food processor and pulse for a couple of minutes until it forms into a wonderful chunky puree leaving both you and the babes completely satisfied with life.
Besides being a snap to make, this puree is packed with goodness that you will love. It is extremely high in antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin A and C from the blueberries and protein, zinc, manganese, folate and iron from the chick peas. All of that goodness packed into a super simple puree, I am a believer!
Blueberries and chick peas are a duo to be reckoned with.
Other things to do with this puree:
- add 2 tbsp chopped walnuts when pureeing for some extra fat and omega-3 fatty acids
- serve with a scoop of ricotta for a yummy well rounded meal
- double the chick peas and add some olive oil for a simple veggie dip for your toddler
- add pureed spinach and mix with a cooked small shaped pasta
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Blueberry Chickpea with Rosemary Baby Food Puree
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- pinch fresh rosemary, coursely chopped
- In a blender or food processor, add in the blueberries, chickpeas and rosemary.
- For a smooth stage 2 puree, puree on hight for 1-2 minutes or until completley smooth, adding in 1 tbsp of water at a time to achieve this consistency.
- For a chunky stage 3 puree, pulse for 10 seconds at a time, scraping down sides every 30 second and stopping when you have desired consistency, adding in 1 tbsp of water at a time to achieve this consistency.