Peach + Cauliflower Baby Food Puree with Ginger
This Peach + Cauliflower Baby Food Puree is a sweet and creamy combination with a little jazziness from a pinch of freshly grated ginger! It’s full of fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K and a ton of antioxidants. It’s healthy, yes, but this puree is so good you might have a meltdown on your hands when you run out of it!
Peach + Cauliflower Baby Food Puree
This peach and cauliflower baby puree is sweet and creamy with a little jazziness from a pinch of freshly grated ginger!
It is not only a great puree for babies starting around 6-7 months of age, but it is also amazing for toddlers and kids as well. I spooned 2 batches of this puree into some reusable pouches for Ellie and Parker to enjoy as their afternoon snack. They had their pouches every afternoon for 4 days in a row, they just couldn’t get enough of this delicious combination!
When we eventually did ran out of the pouches, the girls were mad at me for suggesting that we have some cheese and crackers for a snack instead of their much-loved pouches. And when I say mad, I mean lying-on-the-floor-crying-at-me mad! It wasn’t pretty.
But I’m not going to complain about having to make a third batch of this amazing puree, because it is packed with nutrients galore!
Ingredients in this Puree
Cauliflower and peaches are full of fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K and a ton of antioxidants.
Ginger is a wonderful spice to include in baby’s spice repertoire because it helps soothe upset tummies and promotes the elimination of internal gas! YAY for a natural gas remedy! <——– yes, we are proudly talking about ways to get rid of your baby’s gas.. it’s one of the many fun topics us parents are willing to talk about with just about anyone, anywhere at anytime.
And while we are on the topic of gas, the cauliflower in this recipe might be a little hard on some younger and immature digestive systems. I have found that the nutrients in the peaches and ginger balance out the cauliflower, but if you are serving this puree to your baby, be kind and only offer a small amount of the puree first to see if their digestive systems can handle the cauliflower power.
If so, then serve away. If not, then hold off on for a couple of weeks and then try again.
But be warned, this puree is so good you might have a meltdown on your hands when you run out of it!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- 4 Quick and Easy Baby Breakfast Cereals (5 Minutes!)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Peach + Cauliflower Baby Food Puree with Ginger
- 1 cup cauliflower roughly chopped
- 2 cups peaches, fresh or frozen, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- In a medium saucepan with a steamer basket, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower into a steamer basket, cover, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the peaches into the steamer basket on top of the cauliflower, fresh or frozen, cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes. If using frozen peaches, you may need to steam for an additional 2-3 minutes or until thawed. Reserve steamer water. Let slightly cool.
- Transfer the cauliflower and peaches into a blender. Add in ginger. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in 1/4 cup of reserved steamer water if your puree is too thick. I didn’t add any extra water into my puree, but all peaches have a different water content, so use extra water if needed.
Tools I used for this recipe –
Disclaimer – this post contains affiliate links. All products featured are products that I actually use and love. Thank you for supporting Baby FoodE!