6 Best Reusable Baby Food Pouches 2024
They’re convenient, environmentally friendly, and economical. Reusable baby food pouches are a must-have item if you make your own baby food or simply want an easy and mess-free way to feed your baby or toddler on the go. Here are 6 of our favorite reusable baby food pouches.
Medically reviewed and co-written by Lauren Braaten, Pediatric Occupational Therapist (OT).
Best Reusable Baby Food Pouches
When you’ve gone to the effort of making your own nutritious and yummy baby food, it’s only reasonable you’d want to be able to feed your baby anywhere, right? That’s why we love these reusable baby food pouches that make it easy to feed your baby on the go.
However, not all pouches seem to be created equally. You don’t want pouches that leak, are hard to fill, or hard to clean. That’s why we’ve chosen our 6 best picks for reusable baby food pouches. These pouches are great for baby food, as well as for smoothies, yogurt, or applesauce for toddlers.
In this guide, we will go over the benefits of reusable baby food pouches, FAQs, share expert tips as well as go over our favorite 6 baby food pouches.
Plastic vs. Silicone
Choosing plastic versus silicone reusable food pouches is really a personal choice. Many food pouches made with plastics are BPA, PVC, and phthalate free. Plastic food pouches are typically a little more budget-friendly and will lay and store flatter than silicone ones.
Silicone food pouches are also often BPA, PVC, and Phthalate-Free. They will cost a little more upfront than plastic ones, but are highly durable and long-lasting.
How to Clean Pouches
For the most thorough clean, handwashing reusable baby food pouches is typically your best bet. Use warm soapy water and a bottle brush to scrub them thoroughly. Rinse and place the pouches on a drying rack to air dry. Most pouches are also top-rack dishwasher safe.
Here are some delicious homemade baby food pouch recipes to help fill your reusable pouches!
- Apple Puree with Yogurt
- Carrot Puree with Rice Cereal
- Broccoli Puree
- Sweet Potato & Carrot Puree
- Banana Yogurt
- Blueberry, Banana & Avocado Puree
- Butternut Squash Puree
- Pea Puree
- Peach Banana Puree
- Mango Puree
- Strawberry Applesauce
- Carrot Applesauce
- Mango Yogurt
- Blueberry Yogurt
- Green Toddler Smoothie
- Banana, Beet & Cherries
- Pear, Prune & Clove Puree (i.e. Constipation Puree)
6 Favorite Reusable Baby Food Pouches
These reusable food pouches are great options for busy families on the go who want to eat healthy.
- Hippypotamus Reusable Baby Food Pouches
- WeeSprout Double Zipper Reusable Food Pouches
- SQUOOSHI Reusable Baby Food Pouches
- Simple Modern Reusable Baby Food Pouches
- Squeasy Silicone Reusable Food Pouch
- Consider who will be using the food pouches when deciding which ones to buy. Younger babies will do fine with smaller sizes, but toddlers or older kiddos will likely need larger sizes.
- If possible, rinse the food pouch out as soon as your little one is done eating. It will make it easier to clean later.
- Reusable food pouches also work great for smoothies, yogurt, or applesauce for toddlers and older kids when traveling or on the go.
- As convenient as reusable food pouches are, make sure to use them mostly for times when you’re on the go, traveling or need a mess-free snacking option. Be sure to offer your baby or toddler plenty of other options for finger foods and spoon feeding at home to encourage a variety of textures, tastes and self-feeding skills.
These stylish reusable food pouches are great for baby and toddler and feature a transparent window for a clear view of the contents, BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalate free, and are dishwasher and freezer safe!
These WeeSprout food pouches have a dual-zipper design that prevents leaks and rounded edges that are easy to clean. Each set includes 6 reusable food pouches that hold 5 ounces of food each, great for older babies and toddlers. Freezer and dishwasher safe.
This cute set of 6 reusable baby food pouches holds 5 ounces of food each. The curved design without corners or cracks prevents food from getting stuck, and the wide zipper allows for easy access to fill and clean. Dishwasher safe.
This set comes with 10 reusable pouches that each hold 5 ounces of food, which are great for older toddlers. They’re easy to fill and seal with the leakproof zip on the bottom. And they’re dishwasher and freezer safe.
This food pouch holds 16 ounces and stands on its own! A 2-in-1 removable, no-spill lid insert prevents spills or leaks from the top. All parts are dishwasher safe, plus the silicone body is also flexible enough to flip inside out so you can reach inside the bottom and handwash as needed.
This 2-pack reusable set holds 4.4 ounces each of food. The half-transparent design allows you to see inside for thorough cleaning and an attached cap won’t get lost or accidently tossed. These pouches are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All of the above reusable baby food pouches are made from non-toxic materials. Just make sure to keep them in good condition and wash them after each use.
That depends on how many times you use them. If you start using them for baby food and continue to serve them your toddler with applesauce and smoothies, then yes, they will definitely be worth the price, and in fact, you will end up saving a ton of money.