This intensely colored Banana, Cherry + Beet Baby Food recipe is full of fiber, potassium, antioxidants and a vast amount of other essential vitamins and minerals for baby. It takes less then 10 minutes to make. It is healthy. It is delicious. It needs to be in your baby’s mouth/face/hair right now!
Banana, Cherry + Beet Baby Food Puree
WOWZERS! Not to brag or anything but this might be the most beautiful puree I have ever made. I am literally all 😍😋😍😋 over here.
Not to mention, I just ate about half a bowl of this baby puree because.. well, I had to taste test it, errr right?!?! I normally taste test all of my recipes to make sure they are good enough for our babies, but I usually don’t EAT half of bowl of a puree just because it is so damn good I can’t stop myself.
This puree is just that good!
Unstoppable eating good!
Made with bananas, cherries and beets, it is super creamy while still being thick and fluffy at the same time. It is naturally sweet from the cherries while still having enough earthiness from the beets to keep it grounded and not too over-the-top sweet.
I am seriously considering popping this into the freezer and seeing if I a make banana ice-cream out of it!
Have I gone too far?
But I am going to try it out anyway
Ingredients In The Baby Food
I got this flavor combo from my friends at Beech-Nut brand baby foods.
Let’s take a closer look at what is exactly in Beech-Nut’s (and our) Banana, Cherry + Beet Puree –
Bananas – Bananas are sometimes overlooked for all of their powerhouse health benefits, which is sad because bananas are filled with essential vitamins and minerals such as fiber, protein, vitamin B6 and C, manganese, potassium and copper which are known for boosting baby’s energy, helping with their delicate digestive system as well as helping with baby’s circulatory health.
Cherries – One of my favorite benefits of serving cherries to babies is that they are filled with high levels of phytochemicals, including melatonin, that helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle. This doesn’t mean that cherries will knock your baby out for a blissful 5 hour nap (sorry about that), but it will help with the total sleep time baby will get as well as when they will be asleep. And let’s be honest, anytime baby gets more sleep on a regular basis, you get more sleep – it’s the ultimate win-win!
Beets – Beets have high amounts of fiber, antioxidants, folate, potassium, manganese as well as many other essential vitamins and minerals. They are high in cancer-protective antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties, they support a healthy heart and are great for muscle recovery.
Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is used as a natural ingredient to help the puree keep it’s original color (keeps the bananas from browning). I also like that it gives the ingredients a little pep with it’s citrus punch.
How to Make this Puree
- Prep: peel and chop beet
- Steam: place the beets in a steamer basket and steam.
- Add Ingredients: add in the frozen cherries and steam for a few more minutes.
- Blend: place all of the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve or Freeze: serve to baby or freeze right away.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Banana, Cherry + Beet Baby Food Puree
- 3 medium bananas
- 2/3 cup cherries fresh or frozen, pitted
- 1/4 cup red beets peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Place beets into a steamer basket and put over the boiling water, cover and steam for 7 minutes or until tender with a fork.
- If using frozen cherries (fresh cherries can be added during blending) add them on top of the beets, cover and steam for another 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserver steamer water.
- Place the beets, cherries, bananas and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on high or until completely smooth. You may need to add in some additional reserved water to thin it out, if so start by adding in 1 tablespoon of water in at a time or until you reach your desired consistency. I did not add any additional water to my puree.
Disclaimer – this post was sponsored by Beech-nut. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Baby FoodE!