This 3-Ingredient Roasted Strawberry + Pear Baby Food Puree is sweet, smooth and beyond delicious – it will leave your baby wanting more, more, more! It’s full of vitamins and antioxidants to fuel baby’s growing brain, and couldn’t be easier to make!
Did you happen to catch this NY Times article about baby food that hit stands last Sunday?
Yea, me neither.
But my amazing mom went ahead and cut it out so I could read it. What is says is that you, yes you, are creating a change in the baby food business. The amount of moms that are spending the time and making their own baby food is rapidly growing while baby food sales continue to drop. One of the major reasons they call out is because the jars of baby food you can buy at the store are so bad we are left with little choice but to make our own [I feel like there are many other reasons why I make my own baby food, which they did not go into]. But what I didn’t realize is that homemade baby food is the second biggest maker of baby food under Gerber [which is and has been the number 1 baby food company for decades] and ahead of Beech-nut, which comes in third. This means that we have some power to change the market and that homemade baby is on the minds of many of the CEOs of major food brands. It is also what led Beech-nut to re-brand their baby food with new packaging and change they way they process their purees by removing all the ascorbic acid, leaving their purees true to color.
Know what this means?
You are changing the way major companies are doing business!!
Just by spending a little time in the kitchen and making food for your little one!
Way to go MAMAs!! High fives all around.
And since they are watching, let’s show them what we are made of with this amazing puree with a process that big companies rarely do – roasting. Revolutionary, I know! Roasting fruits and veggies is such an easy way to create deep and rich flavors with little effort on our parts. Simply slice and dice, toss on a baking pan and let the heat do all the work.
What I love about this puree is that by roasting the strawberries [or any berries for that matter] the heat makes them burst open leaving a messy pool of heavenly goodness behind, so juicy that the parchment paper is dripping wet with all the amaziness left behind. No judging if you you accidentally lick the paper clean. Sweet, smooth and beyond delicious, this puree will leave your little one wanting more.
Other great ways to use this puree:
- Spooned over greek yogurt with extra strawberries sliced on top
- Spread over pancakes, waffles or french toast sticks instead of syrup
- Layered and cooked between two pieces of whole wheat bread with ghuoda and cheddar
- Swirled with a spinach puree and cooked quinoa for a delightful balanced baby meal
- Spooned into a reusable pouch for an on-the-go snack
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Roasted Strawberry + Pear Baby Food Puree
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 2 pears, core and cut in slices
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Place pear slices and strawberries onto a baking sheet, they can overlap each other. Sprinkle the pears and strawberries with cinnamon.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes or until pears are easily pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the strawberries and pears into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth, adding in water 1 tbsp at at time if needed.