This organic Broccoli + Chives Organic Baby Food recipe is a great first food for baby! A smooth and creamy homemade puree that taste as good as it looks! Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS ORGANIC broccoli + chives BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- organic puree on a budget
HOW TO MAKE THIS ORGANIC broccoli + thyme BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- chop a head of organic broccoli into florets
- peel and chop a small apple (see notes in recipe)
- place broccoli and apple in a steamer basket and steam for 8 minutes or until tender
- let cool
- transfer for a blender or food processor and add in chives
- blend until smooth, adding in liquid if needed
MORE ORGANIC BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Mango + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Green Bean + Coconut Oil Organic Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Pear + Cloves Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 1 head of organic broccoli roughly 16 ounces, cut into florets
- 1 organic apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp chives roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the broccoli florets into a steamer basket over the boiling water, cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the broccoli and chives to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on hight or until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved water, breast milk, formula, water or broth in 1/4 increments if needed.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!