These Rainbow Fruit Skewers with Lemon Honey Yogurt Dip are a kid and toddler favorite! Great for snack time, birthday parties or packed into a school lunch. Full of protein, antioxidants, fiber and probiotics, these skewers are as healthy as they are fun to eat!
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
My girls declared these Rainbow Skewers the “besssst thing evvvveeerrrrrr!!”
Before devouring the entire batch of skewers and dip in like 3 minutes flat.
A little 🌈 magic is alwasy good for the soul!
These skewers are super easy to prepare and can be customized based on whatever fruit you have on hand. I used raspberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, kiwi, blueberries and blackberries for the full rainbow effect, but if you don’t have all of those fruits or want to sub in strawberries instead of raspberries then go for it!
The dip is super bonkers amazing and I have since made it every day for myself for breakfast. It’s also easy to make – greek yogurt, a swirl of honey, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest for a little more citrus pow! It’s sweet, creamy and citrusy without being overpowering – the perfect combination.
Reasons to love these fruit skewers with yogurt dip
- great source of antioxidants
- fun to make in bulk for a birthday party
- can be customized with any fruit
- fun citrus taste
- great packed in a toddlers or kids school lunch
- fun snack for all ages
- great for 1 year and up
How to Make these Fruit Skewers + Dip
- peel and chop any fruit – you can use any fruit you prefer
- cut off the pointy end of the skewers (just in case;)
- thread the fruit onto the skewers
- in a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, honey and zest.
- serve the rainbow skewers with the yogurt dip
Cooking with Kids
This recipe is beyond easy and such a great recipe for kids of any age to help make.
Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Measure the ingredients for the dip out for them (they can also help with this process) and have them pour them into a bowl before mixing. I always find that having a bowl bigger than you actually need helps toddlers not make as big as a mess.
- Have them help prep the fruit.
- Have them thread the fruit onto their own skewers.
- Measure the ingredients for the dip and mix them all together.
- Wash, peel and chop any fruit they feel like using.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers.
- Place everything on a plate or into their lunch boxes.
More Toddler + Kid Favorites
- 15 Smoothies for Toddlers + Kids (Healthy + Delicious)
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Waffles for Baby + Toddler
- Healthy Spiced Apple Dip for Toddlers + Kids
- Healthy Funfetti Popsicles for Kids + Toddlers
Rainbow Skewers with Lemon Honey Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups assorted fruit (see notes)
- 12 skewers
Lemon Honey Yogurt Dip
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- On a cutting board, peel and chop any fruit.
- Cut the pointy end off of the wooden skewers (see notes for more information).
- Thread the fruit onto a skewer in rainbow order, or any order you prefer.
- In a small bowl, add in the yogurt, honey, lemon juice and zest and mix until incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!