Healthy Spiced Apple Dip for Toddlers + Kids
Healthy Spiced Apple Dip – a protein-filled dip that is toddler, kid and adult approved! Made in less than 5 minutes with 4 simple ingredients, this apple dip is great for a quick snack, part of a healthy breakfast, packed in a school lunch or even as a easy dessert.
Healthy Spiced Apple Dip for Toddler + Kids
It’s actually pretty surprising how much kids of all ages love this super simple Spiced Apple Dip.
The first time I made this apple dip was for a playdate with some friends. I didn’t have much in my fridge at the time, but I didn’t want to show up empty handed. So I whipped up this easy dip with the last spoonfuls of yogurt from an old container and a few spices before tossing it into a packable snack container along with some sliced apples.
You guys.. the kids (ages 2-7) devoured this dip! It kinda turned into all-out kid madness! I wish I was kidding when I say there might have even been some elbows thrown to get the last drop of this dip, and there was definitely some whining after the dip was gone – which was definitely not what I had intended!
Lesson learned – always bring a double batch of this dip to any playdates!
Reasons to love this healthy apple dip
- easy to make – less than 5 minutes
- uses only 4 simple ingredients
- great as a snack, part of a lunch or even as a dessert
- toddlers and kids approved
- great packed in school lunches
- protein rich
- good amount of probiotics
- cinnamon is known for boosting brain functions
This delicious apple dip is made with 4 simple wholesome ingredients.
- Yogurt: a great creamy base that is full of protein and probiotics for gut health! I would recommend using a Greek style of yogurt so the dip stays nice and thick, but any yogurt your family prefers will work. You can also use a thick diary-free yogurt in this recipe. Whatever yogurt you use, I would use a plain version as we are going to add in a little sweetener into the yogurt.
- Maple Syrup: to give this dip a little sweetness, we are going to add in a little maple syrup, which compliments the spices in the best way possible.
- Cinnamon: it might seem like a lot of cinnamon, but we are going to add in a full teaspoon into this recipe. Trust me, it’s just perfect!
- Cloves: to fully round out the sweet and savory of this dip, a pinch of cloves is called for.
How to Make this Apple Dip
- Add Ingredients: add all the ingredients into a small bowl (cereal bowl would work here).
- Mix: with a spoon, mix everything together until fully combined and the yogurt is super smooth.
- Serve: spoon into a serving bowl (or use the bowl you mixed it in) and then sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this dip.
- Toddlers can help measure and add the ingredients to the bowl
- They can help mix the dip.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients and mix everything together.
How to Store This Spiced Apple Dip
You can store this apple dip in an air-tight container for up to a week. You can definitely double or triple this recipe to last you the entire week:)
More toddler snack recipes you will love
- 14 On-The-Go Healthy Snacks for Kids + Toddlers
- Almond Butter + Banana Toast with Hemp Sprinkles for Toddler
- Whole Grain Cheese Crackers (Baby + Toddler)
- 8 5-Minute Applesauce Combos for Toddlers + Kids
- Healthy Toddler (and Mom) Approved Zucchini Bread
DID YOU MAKE THIS SPICED APPLE DIP RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Healthy Spiced Apple Dip
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well blended. If it's still too tart (some yogurts are more tart than others) then add in 1-2 more tablespoons of maple syrup.