These Whole Grain Cheese Crackers are a great healthy alternative to the packaged kind. These 5-ingredient crackers are easy to make – no rolling involved! Great for 9+ months and up!
These snack-able whole grain crackers are going to be a big hit with your baby or toddler. These crackers are a perfect mix of crunchy and chewy, which makes it easy for baby and toddler to eat (with or without teeth!).
With no rolling involved, these wholesome crackers are also a snap to make. No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen making crackers that might end up on the floor!
Plus, these cheese crackers are so good that you will want to sneak some handfuls! Just don’t let your toddler see you:)
Reasons to love these Easy Baked Cheese Crackers:
- made with 5-ingredients (all of which you can pronounce)
- great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- filled with whole grains
- easy to make – no rolling!
- great for a baby or toddler snack or as a side to lunch
- crunchy and chewy at the same – makes for easy eating
- great for 9+ months and up
- so good you will snack on them as well
MORE BABY-LED WEANING AND FINGER FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide of Finger Foods for Baby
- 15 Healthy Finger Foods for Toddlers (that they will love)
- Baked Seasoned Tofu Nuggets
- Spiced Blender Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles for Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Easy Whole Grain Baked Cheese Crackers
- 6 oz or 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or water
- In a food processor, place the cheese, butter, flour, salt and garlic powder and pulse until chunky.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of liquid and turn on the food process until a dough ball forms. If ball isn’t forming, add another tablespoon of liquid.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour. Roll the dough into a ball and then divid it into 4 balls. With your hands roll each ball into a 1/2 inch rope. Wrap the 4 ropes in saran wrap and place in the freeze for 45-60 minutes or until just hard to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Take out the dough ropes and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place on baking sheet and press a dot in the middle of each cracker with a wooden skewer or a fork.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or just golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, they will continue to crisp up as they cool.
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out their amazing Learning Resources page that is filled with healthy recipes and meal plans for baby and toddler!