Almond Butter + Banana Toast with Hemp Sprinkles for Toddler
This Almond Butter + Banana Toast with Hemp Sprinkles is a fun and healthy breakfast for baby, toddler and you! Filled with healthy fats, protein, whole-grains, potassium and fiber as well as other essential nutrients for growing kids. Great for baby-led weaning!
Almond Butter + Banana Toast with Hemp Sprinkles for Baby & Toddler
A fun, and super trendy, way for toddler to have a wholesome and flavorful meal in the morning – almond butter toast with banana slices and hemp seed sprinkles!
Whole wheat bread is smeared with protein rich almond butter and then layered with sliced bananas before sprinkling with hemp seeds.
One of my daughters loves to help make this recipe by layering the bananas and sprinkling the hemp seeds all-by-herself.
And of course, my other daughter loves to devour this stacked toast from the top down – hemp seeds first, then the bananas one-by-one followed by licking off the almond butter and then eating the toast crust first. So there you have it 🤪
Reasons to love this Almond Butter Toast
- quick and easy – made in 4 minutes or less
- 9+ months (can serve items separately for younger babies)
- good for baby-led weaning or finger food stage
- full of healthy fats
- can be made gluten-free
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
- can use any nut or seed butter you prefer – peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower, etc.
Almond Butter + Banana Toast Ingredients
- Toast: I would recommend any whole wheat, multi-grain, loaf or sourdough bread, but any bread your family prefers will work.
- Almond Butter: full of monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber and antioxidants almond butter is a great heart healthy food for baby and toddlers. When purchasing an almond butter make sure there is no added sugar in it.
- Bananas: filled with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium. We are going to thinly slice the banana before layering them on top of the almond butter.
- Hemp Seeds: contain a good deal of protein, healthful fatty acids, and fiber as well as vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. They also add a touch of fun and magic to this breakfast dish!
How To Make this Almond Butter Toast
- Toast: lightly toast the bread
- Smear: using a knife, spread almond butter over the toast
- Layer: taking the thinly sliced bananas, layer them on top of the almond butter
- Magic: sprinkle with hemp seeds, or let your little one do this fun part:)
- Cut: using a sharp knife, cut the toast in half or into triangles.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make this toast.
- Toddlers can help lay the banana slices on the toast.
- They can sprinkle over the hemp seeds.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can spread the almond butter on the toast.
- Using a non-sharp knife they can slice the banana.
- Have them lay the banana on the toast and sprinkle over the hemp seeds.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
DID YOU MAKE THIS ALMOND BUTTER + BANANA TOAST RECIPE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Almond Butter + Banana with Hemp Seed Sprinkles
- 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- Lightly toast bread. Spread the bread with almond butter and then layer the banana slices on top.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and gently cut into triangles or quarters.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!
3 Comments on “Almond Butter + Banana Toast with Hemp Sprinkles for Toddler”
Delicious! But not good cooking with my toddler. Ended up only want almond butter lol
haha! Cooking with toddlers is so fun;)