These Golden Milk Waffles for Baby + Toddler + Kids are fluffy, warming and completely ridiculously delicious, so much so that the entire family will love them! Freezer-friendly for those busy mornings on-the-go!
These waffles are ABSOLUTELY going to blow your mind!
So much so, that you may decide not to share them with your little one.
It not like you won’t share them, it’s more like you will have already devoured the entire stack of fluffy golden milk waffles before your kids even enter the kitchen.
This is pretty much what happened at my house. One morning, I was really craving a golden milk latte.. wait pause for a second – have you jumped on the golden milk latte bandwagon yet? If not then you need to jump on fast. Golden Milk Lattes are ridiculous delicious, healthy and a good substitute for when you want a coffee at 8pm but know from experience that you can no longer drink caffeine after 3pm like an old person;). Okay, back at it. So one morning I was craving a golden milk latte but I also wanted some serious carbs, so I decided to combine the two – best decision of my entire life!
These Golden Milk Waffles are warm, fluffy and perfectly spiced with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
While I was in the kitchen making the waffles, I tasted one waffle (quality control) and then because I was obsessed, I polished off 3 more waffles before I could even stop myself… and then headed out the door for a 3-mile run!
I somehow gained some self-control and let my girls eat the rest of the waffles for breakfast. Now we are all completely obsessed and they ask for these waffles every-single-morning! Which I am completely A-okay with!
Reasons to Love These Golden Milk Waffles:
Can be made with White Wheat or Gluten-Free Flour (both taste delicious)
Nut-Free (perfect to send to preschool as a snack or in a school lunch)
Turmeric is great for immunity building and keeping you healthy (double points)
Perfect for all ages 9 months and up
Freezer-Friendly for those crazy busy mornings
Ways to Serve these Golden Milk Waffles
drizzled with a little maple syrup and sprinkled with hemp seeds
topped with blueberries or pear chunks and a drizzle of honey (this is my favorite way)
spread with cream cheese and strawberry jam and made into a sandwich
topped with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN MILK WAFFLES FOR TODDLERS + KIDS
MORE HEALTHY KID FRIENDLY BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 3 Fall Blender Muffins for Baby + Toddler (GF)
- Back-to-School Granola (NF)
- Toddler Breakfast Oat Cups – 4 Tasty Ways (GF, DF)
- Allergy-Friendly Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins for Toddlers + Kids
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Golden Milk Waffles for Baby + Toddlers + Kids
- 2 c white whole wheat flour or 1-for-1 gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp turmeric see below for more info
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 c milk cow, nut, coconut, hemp, etc.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat a waffle iron on medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of waffle batter onto each waffle mold and cook according to your waffle irons directions.
- Let cool slightly and serve.