Fennel, Peach + Pea Baby Food Puree
This Fennel, Peach + Pea Baby Food Puree is a sweet green puree with a fun licorice twist from the fennel. Great served in a reusable pouch, as a freezer stash or for a fun baby dinner. Great for 6+ months – Stage 2 Baby Food.
Fennel, Peach + Pea Baby Food Puree
The most amazing thing happened to me a week or so ago, I got over my morning [all day] sickness! That’s right no more throwing up, no more nausea, no more naps at all hours of the day. After almost 5 months of being sick, I am finally better. This baby growing in my belly does love me after all.
And I’m back with even more energy then I had before I got pregnant.
This is making my husband very scared due to the amount of projects that are multiplying by the day. It is Spring. My ideas are just like rabbits. I mean who doesn’t need a vertical garden built against their garage this summer? There has to be time to refinish the table that I found in the alley last summer, right? Who doesn’t need to schedule time to spend rearranging all the cupboards in our kitchen? Nesting has hit me and I am going crazy. It’s cool.
I am also getting to everything that I have put on the back burner for all these months.
This recipe is one of them.
And I am sorry about that, because this recipe is amazing.
This puree is sweet with a cheeky kick from the licorice fennel, mixed with a healthy dose of peas, it is a puree that mom can be proud of and kiddo will eat up. I served this in a reusable pouch and my little one ate it up in no time at all. Smooth and refreshing,
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Homemade Quinoa Baby Cereal (2-Ingredients)
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Fennel, Peach + Pea Baby Food Puree
- 1 fennel bulb,
- 2 cups peaches, fresh or frozen, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- On a cutting board, chop the base and greens off of the fennel, then roughly chop the bulb of the fennel.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place the fennel in a steamer basket, cover and cook for 7 minutes. Add in the peaches and peas, cover and cook for an additonal 3-5 minutes or until the fennel is easily pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until you have reached your desired consistency, adding the reserved water in tbsp increments if needed.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
9 Comments on “Fennel, Peach + Pea Baby Food Puree”
just made this last night after a trip to the farmer’s market and she absolutely loved it! she shrieked at me because i wasn’t feeding it to her fast enough! thanks! would have never thought to combine these three ingredients!
YAY!!!!! That is so amazing!!! I love hearing that she was so passionate about this puree:)
Hi. This is very interesting recipe, can it be used with fennel spice instead?
I haven’t tried fennel, but give it a go and let me know what you think.
I saw this recipe in your post about constipation cures. You mentioned there that you could sub in pears instead of the fennel. How many pears would be needed? Thanks!!
I would sub in 2-3 pears depending on size.
I can’t find fennel anywhere. What can I substitute with? Could I use spinach?
You can use bananas, mangos, broccoli or zucchini instead of the fennel. Hope that helps.
I was quite surprised by this one! I’m not a fan of licorice flavor, but made it for my grandbaby anyway. I’m going to let her decide what she likes and doesn’t like. However this is very tasty.