These Wholesome Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes are so delicious your baby or toddler will want to eat them all-the-time! And since they are made with whole grains, healthy fats, antioxidant rich blueberries and have no added sugar, it will be totally cool when these pancakes become their newest food obsession! These can be made gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free!
Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
Sheet pan pancakes are made for parents who love to make homemade pancakes but don’t love all the time standing around the stove. 🙋♀️
There are so many other things to do early on a weekend morning besides standing in the kitchen.
You could be sitting on your porch have a cup of coffee ☕️
You could be snuggling with your little one while having a cup of coffee ☕️
You could be playing a board game with your kiddo while sipping your morning coffee ☕️
As you can see, coffee is pretty much the only thing on my agenda until noon 😍☕️😃
It’s a good thing these fluffy, whole grain pancakes can be prepped in under 5 minutes before popping them into the oven where they finish off baking.
You can top them with blueberries or any fruit your family prefers – sliced strawberries, raspberries, chunks of peaches or sliced bananas.
Serve with a side of maple syrup to dip them in, a slice of bacon, some scrambled eggs and of course another cup of coffee for an epic weekend breakfast!
Reasons to Love these Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- easy to make – don’t have to stand in front of stove all morning
- great for breakfast, snack or packed in a school lunch
- can be made gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free (see below)
- no sugar added – we use only no-sugar added applesauce
- made with whole grains, healthy fats and antioxidant rich blueberries
- family favorite
- great for baby-led weaning and finger food stage
- easy recipe to make with your kids
Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes Ingredients
- White Whole Wheat Flour: I love using white whole wheat flour because it has more fiber and nutritional value in it. You can also use 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 cup of white wheat or all-purpose as well. I found that the straight up wheat flour is a little heavy for us, but if it works for you then go for it!
- Milk: you can use any milk you prefer – cows, almond, soy, hemp, cashew, oat, etc. We usually use almond milk in this recipe. Just make sure you use a plain or unflavored flavor with the plant based milks.
- Eggs: I recommend using organic pasture-raised egg when cooking for kids.
- Applesauce: use unsweetened no-sugar applesauce in this recipe. I would recommend using an organic applesauce as apples are on the dirty dozen food list.
- Oil: you can use either olive oil or coconut oil in this recipe. I like that the olive oil gives this recipe a hint of earthiness to it that I think balances out the sweetness of the applesauce.
- Blueberries: little jewels full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin K and c. They are a superfood that kids usually love to eat! You can also sub in any other fruit your kids prefer – strawberries, raspberries, finely chopped apples, peaches, blackberries, ect.
- Flour: you can definitely use a 1:1 gluten free flour blend in place of the white wheat flour in this recipe. This is my favorite brand.
- Eggs: you can use flax eggs in this recipe instead of the real eggs if needed.
- Milk: you can use any plant based milk you prefer – almond, coconut, hemp, etc.
How to Make Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Prep: preheat oven and line and grease a sheet pan.
- Dry Ingredients: mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: whisk together the milk, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine: whisk together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour: the pancakes batter into the sheet pan.
- Add: sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Bake: put the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 13-15 minsters.
- Cool: let cool, cut and serve.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
Wholesome Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour see notes
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (cow, almond, soy, hemp, etc)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 10×15 sheet pan or 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the pancake batter onto the sheet pan and sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until just browned. Let cool slightly and then cut into bars.