These protein-packed Easy Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups are a great breakfast for baby, toddler, kids and even yourself 🧀🥚. They are especially great for babies and toddlers that are just learning to self feed as they are firm enough to hold in their fists but soft enough to eat, even without teeth:). With only 3-ingredients and made in 5 minutes, these egg roll-ups will surly become a new family favorite!
Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups
These egg roll-ups may seem all fancy-pants for a baby or toddler breakfast, but trust me with only 3 ingredients and a short 5 minutes in front of the stove – these roll-ups are beyond easy to make👍!
When my girls were just starting the self feed, they both feel in love with scrambled and hard boiled eggs. Yay! I was so excited. Eggs 🥚 are an excellent source of protein, fat, and vitamins A, D, E, and B12 and I cannot recommend enough the importance of eggs in baby’s diet.
But after each meal, the mess that they made trying to feed themselves was almost painful.. teeny tiny pieces of hardboiled eggs were everywhere😬
Then I started making these amazing egg roll-ups – total #gamechanger!
Once rolled, these cheesy egg roll-ups are firm enough for baby or toddler to hold onto, yet soft enough for baby with or without teeth to eat.
Self-feeding with less mess.. that’s what I call a huge win 🏆!
Reasons to Love these Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups
- great for baby-led weaning or finger food stage
- toddlers, kids and adults love them as well
- grab-and-go breakfast
- can add small chopped veggies, spinach or herbs
- full of protein
- 5-minutes from start to plate
- 3 ingredients
Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups Ingredients
- Eggs: I would recommend purchasing organic, pasture-raised eggs when cooking for small kiddos (and yourself).
- Milk: you can use any milk of your choice in this recipe. I usually use unflavored almond milk for our egg roll-ups, but cow, almond, soy, hemp or oat milk will all work. Just make sure to get the unflavored or plain flavor of the plant based milks.
- Cheese: you can use any shredded cheese flavor you prefer – mozzarella, monetary jack, cheddar, etc. I used cheddar for this recipe.
How to Make Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups
- Prep: heat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Whisk: in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Cook: Pour half of the egg mixture into the small pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Ingredient: sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the egg.
- Cook: Cover the small pan with a lid (doesn’t have to fit the pan perfectly, a little larger lid will be okay) and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cool: slid the cooked egg disc onto a cutting board and let cool for 1 minute.
- Roll: roll the egg disc into a roll-up and then place seam side down and let cool to touch.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
Easy Cheesy Egg Roll-Ups
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp oil butter or spray
- Pre-heat a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Spray the skillet or grease with 1/2 teaspoon of oil or butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully slid the flat egg onto a cutting board. Let cool slightly for 1-2 minutes but no more or the egg will be too cool to roll.
- Starting on one side of the egg disc, start rolling the egg as tightly as you can until completely rolled up. Place seam side down and let cool slightly. As it cools, the egg roll-up will hold it’s shape.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining egg mixture.