This Roasted Blueberry + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree is so good that you will not want to share it with baby!
Roasted Blueberry + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree for the #win:
I just want you to know that I have been kicking around making a blueberry only puree for some time now but could never really finalize anything that was amazing.
Something that was so going to be so darn good that you would skip feeding it to your little one and just sit down and enjoy it for yourself. Which I am sure sounds mean and all, but really aren’t we supposed to put our life masks on first?
To me, blueberries are a perfect little fruit.
Easy to transport.
Easy to eat an entire container in one sitting.
The problem is that when made into a baby food puree, they lose their magic. They become bland, mushy on the verge of runny and discolored to a weird purple/brown color. Not something I want to eat, let alone serve to my little foodie.
Then my latest obsession with roasting fruit popped into my head and wouldn’t leave. Roasted blueberries? This might work. It might be the winner I have been searching for. Sprinkled with cinnamon and a pinch of himalayan sea salt sounded both classic and dangerous at the same time. And who doesn’t like living on the edge once in awhile.
The results are beyond any of my expectations.
Sweet with a slight salty aftertaste.
A puree that is so addicting that after you have demolished an entire serving with a giant spoon, you will be looking through the cabinets and fridge just to find something else to pair this with. The good thing here, is that blueberries are in season, so you can triple this recipe to make enough for you and your little one to enjoy together.
Ways for baby, toddler and you to enjoy this roasted blueberry baby food puree:
- Mixed in with a serving of your favorite baby cereal (this, this or this are great options)
- Blended with a handful of spinach for extra nutrients
- Mixed with a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt
- Served with a little cooked and pureed beef or chicken puree
- Lightly mixed with canned coconut milk and frozen (these are our favorite molds), for a yummy toddler summer popsicle
- For an amazing mama treat, spoon a giant spoonful over some vanilla bean ice cream and devour while staring off into space
Reasons to love this Roasted Blueberry + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree:
- great for 4+ months and older (stage 1 puree)
- healthy – full of antioxidants, fiber and other essential nutrients for baby
- so delicious it’s ridiculous
- great added to baby’s favorite homemade baby cereal
- easy to make – 2 ingredients
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Roasted Blueberry + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- tiny pinch himalayan salt optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place blueberries on baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roast for 10 minutes, stirring half way through. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the blueberries to a blender or food processor with a tiny pinch of himalayan salt (optional) and puree on medium speed, scraping down the sides until smooth. If the puree is too thick, add in a tablespoon of water at a time until the right consistency.