These Broccoli Egg Cups are a great on-the-go breakfast option for baby and toddler! These savory breakfast cups are filled with protein-rich eggs and shredded cheddar cheese as well as nutrient dense broccoli. Serve warm at the breakfast table or packed cold for a morning playdate or school lunch. Great for baby-led weaning, toddlers and kids alike.
Broccoli Egg Cups
These Broccoli Egg Cups are going to save your hectic mornings!
And make you a superhero!
Big words for a small breakfast cup.
See the thing is, these breakfast cups are the perfect thing to make on the weekend or on a morning you don’t snooze a million times and wake up with a spare 20 minutes. If waking up without snoozing is never going to happen – then the weekend is for you my friend.
When baked, these little cups are a perfect item to grab out of the fridge or freezer, pop in the microwave and heat until just warm and then toss on a plate with a few cut strawberries or melon. Breakfast for baby or toddler is ready in exactly 1 minute.
Plus, these egg cups are so delicious – baby, toddler, kids and even you will love them! A true family-favorite!
And if you overslept – these egg cups are a great on-the-go breakfast in the car.
An amazing bake once – serve for a week recipe.
This makes your morning easier and you a superhero!
Reasons to Love these Broccoli Egg Cups
- great on-the-go breakfast option
- 6+ months and up
- good for baby-led weaning or finger food stage
- can chop broccoli as little or as big as your kid prefers
- customizable – add any veggie you prefer
- great for leftovers
Broccoli Egg Cups Ingredients
- Eggs: full of protein, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. I would recommend using free-range organic eggs for this recipe if accessible, but any eggs will do.
- Milk: great source of protein, calcium as well as potassium. You can use any milk type your family prefers – cow, almond, coconut, hemp, soy, etc. Just be sure to use the plain or unflavored for the plant milks. We usually use plain almond milk in our egg cups.
- Broccoli: a superfood filled with fiber, folate as well as vitamin A, K and C. You can chop the broccoli into bigger pieces or teeny-tiny pieces for those picky eaters.
- Cheddar: we are going to use shredded cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can experiment with other cheeses if you want to get creative – mozzarella, colby, feta, etc.
How to Make Broccoli Egg Cups
- Prep: preheat the oven and line a muffin tin. I love using these reusable silicon muffin liners.
- Whisk: in a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add Ingredients: add in the chopped broccoli and cheddar and stir in.
- Pour: once combined, pour the egg mixture into the muffin liners.
- Bake: put muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve: and enjoy
More Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Baby-Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas
- 8 Healthy Toddler Breakfasts
- Easy Blender Spinach Pancakes for Baby + Toddler
- 15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Baby + Toddler
- 3 Green Smoothie Freezer Packs for Toddler
- Golden Milk Waffles
Broccoli Egg Cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (cow, almond, coconut, hemp, etc)
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 8 muffin tins with silicon muffin molds or generously spray to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add in the broccoli, cheese, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins until 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs have set and the cheese is golden brown.