This Superpower Green Baby Puree recipe is filled with nutrient dense broccoli, spinach and avocado! Great for babies 6+ months and older (or Stage 2 purees).
This Superpower Green Baby Food Puree is filled with three (THREE!!) super foods – broccoli, spinach and avocado – and is SO full of nutrients that baby will only need to wear a cape in order to harness their own superhero powers!
While pureed broccoli and spinach can sometimes be a strong flavor for baby’s growing tastebuds, when paired with creamy and mild avocado, this green puree becomes an instant hit.
What’s in this Superpower Green Puree for Baby:
Full of essential nutrients for growing baby – this puree is sure to give your baby superpowers!
- Broccoli – is loaded with antioxidants, protein, fiber, folate and vitamins C, K and A.
- Spinach – is considered one of the world’s healthiest foods and besides containing over a dozen different flavonoids antioxidants it also is packed with folate, iron, manganese, magnesium and vitamins K and C.
- Avocado – this nutrient-packed fruit is filled with healthy fats that help eye and brain development in baby, folate, fiber, trace minerals and carotenoids.
Reasons to Love this Power Green Baby Food Recipe:
- made with 3 healthy ingredients – broccoli, spinach and avocado
- a smooth green puree your baby will love
- full of essential nutrients – healthy fats, iron, fiber, folate, vitamins A, K and C
- baby food recipe for 6 months and up (or stage 2)
- easy to make
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Superpower Green Baby Food Puree
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 avocado
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, add in the broccoli, place basket over boiling water and cover. Steam for 10 minutes. Add in the spinach and steam for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Add in avocado and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in liquid (reserved steamer water, water, breastmilk, formula or stock) in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
- Serve or freeze.
New to making purees?
Then check of my guide on which kitchen tools you actually are going to need to make the creamiest and smoothest baby purees. Hint, it’s not many!