This Superpower Green Baby Puree recipe is filled with nutrient dense broccoli, spinach and avocado! Great for babies 6+ months and older (or Stage 2 purees).
This Superpower Green Baby Food Puree is filled with three (THREE!!) super foods – broccoli, spinach and avocado – and is SO full of nutrients that baby will only need to wear a cape in order to harness their own superhero powers!
While pureed broccoli and spinach can sometimes be a strong flavor for baby’s growing tastebuds, when paired with creamy and mild avocado, this green puree becomes an instant hit.
What’s in this Superpower Green Puree for Baby:
Full of essential nutrients for growing baby – this puree is sure to give your baby superpowers!
- Broccoli – is loaded with antioxidants, protein, fiber, folate and vitamins C, K and A.
- Spinach – is considered one of the world’s healthiest foods and besides containing over a dozen different flavonoids antioxidants it also is packed with folate, iron, manganese, magnesium and vitamins K and C.
- Avocado – this nutrient-packed fruit is filled with healthy fats that help eye and brain development in baby, folate, fiber, trace minerals and carotenoids.
Reasons to Love this Power Green Baby Food Recipe:
- made with 3 healthy ingredients – broccoli, spinach and avocado
- a smooth green puree your baby will love
- full of essential nutrients – healthy fats, iron, fiber, folate, vitamins A, K and C
- baby food recipe for 6 months and up (or stage 2)
- easy to make
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Superpower Green Baby Food Puree
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 avocado
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, add in the broccoli, place basket over boiling water and cover. Steam for 10 minutes. Add in the spinach and steam for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Add in avocado and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in liquid (reserved steamer water, water, breastmilk, formula or stock) in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
- Serve or freeze.