Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles (Baby + Toddler)
These Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles are the perfect healthy baby and toddler snack or treat on a hot summer day. Made with only oranges, carrots, pineapple and yogurt – no added sugar! Great for 9+ months and up!
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that summer vacation starts in less then 3 weeks!
I mean, there is snow in our forecast this week.. and I’m supposed to be planning all of those endless summer days?!?
On the flip side – my girls are already there. School is winding down and they are jazzed for pool time, flip flops and endless popsicles!
I don’t have 3 months of summer plans nailed down but you bet I have my freezer stocked with popsicles!
These naturally sweetened popsicles are my girl’s new favorite frozen treat!
I am also in love with them because they are filled with only wholesome ingredients – oranges, pineapple, carrots and yogurt.
Yes, you read that right – there are hidden veggies in these popsicles! #momwin
Since these baby and toddler popsicles are so healthy – you can feel good about serving them for any meal of the day – a quick breakfast, snacks, on-the-go lunch or dessert!
Summer here we coooommmeeee!
Reasons to Love these Heatlhy toddler snack or treat popsicles:
- healthy baby or toddler snack or treat
- great for 9+ months and up
- filled with only wholesome ingredients – oranges, pineapple, carrots and yogurt
- easy to make – 5-minutes from blender to freezer (they do take 4 hours to freeze, but that’s hands-free time:)
- can be served for pretty much any meal in the summer – quick breakfast, snack, lunch or dessert
- full of nutrients for growing babies and toddlers
- naturally sweetened – your kiddo will love these
Popsicle Molds for baby And Toddler:
- Zoku Mini Mold – hands down my favorite mold for baby and toddler sized popsicles. Each popsicle is less than an ounce in size and there are 9 popsicles in the mold. I have found that because of their small size these popsicles get devoured before they have time to melt all over the place —> not as messy!
- Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Tray – this is a great tray for popsicles for baby – they are small enough for baby to enough a healthy treat but not so big they melt all over the place. I also like the ring stick for easy handling.
- FoodWorks Silicone Ice Pop Maker Molds/Popsicle Molds – these are great for toddlers and kids because they are a little bigger. The best part about these molds is that they are transportable and be popped into a cooler for a park or pool picnic.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these fun popsicles.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Once blended, toddlers can help pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle molds. You may want to pour the popsicle mixture into a smaller measuring cup with pour lip to make it easier on them.
- With help, they can place the popsicle molds into the freezer. My kids always spill the tray at this point, so just give them an extra hand.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Kids can pour the popsicle mixture into the molds and place the popsicles into the freezer.
MORE healthy baby + toddler treat RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- 7 Healthy Popsciles for Baby + Toddler
- Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddlers + Kids
- Easy Watermelon Slush for Toddlers + Kids
- Sweet Beet Dreamsicles for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Get the recipe: Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles
- 4 baby carrots roughly chopped
- 1 orange peeled
- 1/2 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt optional
- Place the carrots, orange and pineapple in a blender and blend on low for 20 seconds or until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Once incorporated, blend on medium high until completely smooth, scrapping down sides as needed.
- If using yogurt, spoon 1 teaspoon of yogurt into the bottom of each mold.
- Pour liquid into popsicle molds.
- If using yogurt, gently swirl the yogurt and popsicle liquid around with a small spoon.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
This post was sponsored by Happy Family Organics – check out all of their amazing homemade baby and toddler recipes and meal plans on their learning resources page!
7 Comments on “Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles (Baby + Toddler)”
My baby boy is 9 months old. And baby food is a daily chalenge for me. Nwvwr tried frozen popsicles. It looks great!
Let me know how it goes over with him.
This looks great! I will prepare it for my children……..Thanks for sharing
Can you use frozen pineapple and regular carrots for this recipe?
Yes! Sounds like delicious subsitutions!
Hi Michele. Thank you so much for this page. It’s become my go-to for all things baby feeding related and my son absolutely loves everything!
Quick question on this recipe and apologies if I missed it. Are the carrots raw or cooked? Thanks!
For this recipe, I used raw carrots. But if you have cooked carrots on hand you can certainly use those as well.