These Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles are the perfect healthy baby and toddler snack or treat on a hot summer day. Made with only oranges, carrots, pineapple and yogurt – no added sugar! Great for 9+ months and up!
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that summer vacation starts in less then 3 weeks!
I mean, there is snow in our forecast this week.. and I’m supposed to be planning all of those endless summer days?!?
On the flip side – my girls are already there. School is winding down and they are jazzed for pool time, flip flops and endless popsicles!
I don’t have 3 months of summer plans nailed down but you bet I have my freezer stocked with popsicles!
These naturally sweetened popsicles are my girl’s new favorite frozen treat!
I am also in love with them because they are filled with only wholesome ingredients – oranges, pineapple, carrots and yogurt.
Yes, you read that right – there are hidden veggies in these popsicles! #momwin
Since these baby and toddler popsicles are so healthy – you can feel good about serving them for any meal of the day – a quick breakfast, snacks, on-the-go lunch or dessert!
Summer here we coooommmeeee!
Reasons to Love these Heatlhy toddler snack or treat popsicles:
- healthy baby or toddler snack or treat
- great for 9+ months and up
- filled with only wholesome ingredients – oranges, pineapple, carrots and yogurt
- easy to make – 5-minutes from blender to freezer (they do take 4 hours to freeze, but that’s hands-free time:)
- can be served for pretty much any meal in the summer – quick breakfast, snack, lunch or dessert
- full of nutrients for growing babies and toddlers
- naturally sweetened – your kiddo will love these
Popsicle Molds for baby And Toddler:
- Zoku Mini Mold – hands down my favorite mold for baby and toddler sized popsicles. Each popsicle is less than an ounce in size and there are 9 popsicles in the mold. I have found that because of their small size these popsicles get devoured before they have time to melt all over the place —> not as messy!
- Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Tray – this is a great tray for popsicles for baby – they are small enough for baby to enough a healthy treat but not so big they melt all over the place. I also like the ring stick for easy handling.
- FoodWorks Silicone Ice Pop Maker Molds/Popsicle Molds – these are great for toddlers and kids because they are a little bigger. The best part about these molds is that they are transportable and be popped into a cooler for a park or pool picnic.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your kids help you make these fun popsicles.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Once blended, toddlers can help pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle molds. You may want to pour the popsicle mixture into a smaller measuring cup with pour lip to make it easier on them.
- With help, they can place the popsicle molds into the freezer. My kids always spill the tray at this point, so just give them an extra hand.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Kids can pour the popsicle mixture into the molds and place the popsicles into the freezer.
MORE healthy baby + toddler treat RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- 7 Healthy Popsciles for Baby + Toddler
- Strawberry Lemonade Slushies for Toddlers + Kids
- Easy Watermelon Slush for Toddlers + Kids
- Sweet Beet Dreamsicles for Baby + Toddler
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Hidden-Veggie Carrot & Orange Popsicles
- 4 baby carrots roughly chopped
- 1 orange peeled
- 1/2 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt optional
- Place the carrots, orange and pineapple in a blender and blend on low for 20 seconds or until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Once incorporated, blend on medium high until completely smooth, scrapping down sides as needed.
- If using yogurt, spoon 1 teaspoon of yogurt into the bottom of each mold.
- Pour liquid into popsicle molds.
- If using yogurt, gently swirl the yogurt and popsicle liquid around with a small spoon.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.