Yellow Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
This Yellow Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree is a great first food for baby – mild, creamy and filled with essential nutrients for growing baby! Great for 4+ months – Stage 1 Baby Food.
This post is sponsored by Babymoov but my love for this product is all my own! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Baby FoodE!
This smooth and creamy puree is made with yellow squash (or zucchini as I call them), a small white potato and a sprinkle of thyme. This puree is mild with a nice note of fragrant thyme and is full of vitamin A and C, magnesium, fiber and folate. Since yellow squash is in abundance in the spring and summer months, you have no excuse not to make this.
Because summer squash is loaded with water, I use a white potato in this recipe for some extra thickness. But if you aren’t into the potato, you can also substitute in an apple or pear if you prefer.
This easy puree is made in exactly 3 steps and takes roughly 14 minutes to make, from chopping to finished puree. 14 minutes until you have this delicious puree bursting with summer’s favorite yellow vegetable!
Step 1 – Chop your veggies
Step 2 – Stack your baskets and push the steam button
Step 3 – Puree the zucchini into a smooth consistency
Done and Done!
REASONS TO LOVE THIS PEA + MINT BABY FOOD PUREE:
- great baby food for 4+ months
- starter puree
- super smooth and creamy
- delicious mild puree
- easy to make – less than 15 minutes
- organic – can easily (and cheaply) use organic squash and potatoes
MORE STARTER BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
Get the recipe: Yellow Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
- 2 medium yellow squash, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small white potato, chopped (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
Instructions for Nutribaby
- Place the squash, white potato and thyme into the large basket. Start a 10 minute steam cycle.
- Let cool and then transfer all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Puree until smooth. I did not need to add any additional cooking liquid but if your puree is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid in at a time until you achieve your desired texture.
Instructions for Regular Cooking Method
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Add the squash, potato and thyme into a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer all of the ingredients in to a blender of food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.