These Pumpkin + Oatmeal Toddler Cookies are the perfect fall weekend baking project. Made with pumpkin puree, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and delicious fall spices, these are a nice sweet treat that doesn’t have too much sugar. The perfect snack to take on a fall outdoor adventure.
Autumn is here and you have probably had the joy of taking a leaf walk with your little one. Perhaps, if you are like me and my sweet gal, you take a very sloooooooow walk to the park, gathering favorite leaves along the way. I am really enjoying these moments, with one hand holding her I-still-marvel-that-I-made-these-strong-little-fingers and the other hand holding red and golden hued treasures.
Here are some activities to bring these beautiful Autumn days inside your home.
Also, I want to share a favorite cookie recipe that captures the cozy warmth of these Indian Summer days. Make a batch and enjoy a few on a leaf walk this weekend.
Pumpkin + Oatmeal Toddler Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, nutmeg and raisins.
- In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, until smooth – roughly 1-2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree, and mix until creamy, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Using the hand mixer on low, mix together until just incorporated.
- Add in the oat mixture and stir together until evenly mixed. Do not over mix.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, roll 1" balls of dough and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the centers of the cookies are slightly soft and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack and enjoy!