This summer puree meal for baby has the best of the best summer produce – corn, zucchini, beets, blackberries, apples, mints and chives!! Made in one easy go using the Beaba Babycook, your baby can be slurping away on this summer meal in less then 30 minutes.
Summer Puree Meal for Baby
The one thing I am sure about is that your little one is going to love this summer meal!!! It’s like taking the entire contents of the farmers market and giving it to baby all at once!
Farm to Table – Baby Style!
Let’s get down to business – the first puree is filled with fresh sweet corn, sun ripened zucchini, zesty chives and some ground turkey for some extra protein!
Last week, I put all those ingredients onto a pizza with a ton of mozzarella and a big shake of red pepper flakes and I was in foodie heaven! Take my advise, you need this pizza for dinner for yourself tonight. Pair with a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio and you are all set… youarewelcome!
Then for dessert, we move on to sharp red beets, juicy blackberries, a chunk of sweet crisp apple all rocked out with a healthy amount of mint.
Anytime you can get a vegetable into your baby’s dessert, is a good day in my book!
This vibrant puree is loaded with antioxidants, fiber, calcium and manganese. Which I know you love to hear about but I’m pretty sure you would rather hear me tell you that if you add a little honey, this puree would make an amazing popsicle!!!
The very best part of having the Beaba Babycook Pro 2x is that you can make two different purees at once!!
So while this summer menu looks labor intensive, in reality it took me 5 hands-on minutes to prep and 20 hands-off minutes to cook.
Literally, you push a button and POW your baby’s dinner is cooking away.
It’s like cooking two birds with one stone.
Other ways to enjoy these purees-
- Mix in some cooked farro or quinoa for a grain-alicious chunky puree.
- To get some additional healthy fat in baby’s diet, add a pat of butter on top of the turkey while steaming.
- No chives on hand, cilantro would also be a great herb to use.
- Swirl in some greek yogurt for an extra creamy dessert puree.
- Is great over cooked oats for a bright breakfast bowl. Puree for baby or serve with a sprinkle of chia seeds and touch of honey for toddler.
- Like I suggested above – add some honey or sugar and freeze for an amazing toddler popsicle.
Disclaimer – Beaba sent me the babycook pro 2x and grain insert to try out for free. I did not receive any monetization for this posts. All thoughts and opinions about this product are my own.