This Peach Summer Salad with Mint and Honey Dressing is a fantastic first finger food, on the go snack, or packed lunch side. It’s filled with seasonal summer produce, and a quick and easy fruit salad to toss together!
We are reaching the height of summer yumminess, where everything and anything is ours for the eating.
Cherry Bourbon Slush ✔️
Of course the Cherry Bourbon Slush is only for us 🙂 MINE MINE MINE! Dear little 2 -year old Parker, two of us can play at the MINE game!
But don’t wait too long to get in all the summer food you can, because way too soon it will be fall and our bounty of fresh produce will be limited to only pumpkin items, which btw, is totally fine with me 🙋🏻❤️🎃!
But in the meantime, I am going to keep making this Peach Summer Fruit Salad and the girls and I are going to keep stuffing our bodies to their absolute limit with it’s goodness.
This is an easy fruit salad to toss together that highlights the seasons best produce!
We start with 2 chopped peaches, a cup of strawberries and a handful of blackberries. Feel free to chop and toss together without measuring, it’s not a fussy salad by any means.
More strawberries – go for it.
Have some raspberries you need to use up – then toss them in.
The only thing you absolutely have to have in this recipe are the peaches and mint, because those two ingredients are the reason our stomachs exist in the month of August.
Next, we are going to mix together a zesty dressing made with chopped mint, honey and a big squeeze of lemon.
And if you are reading this thinking that I am asking a lot from you to first chop and then make a fruit salad, and then make a fancy dressing to toss it all in.
Oh, I hear ya!
Usually, I would feel the same way. My girls are lucky if they get fruit chopped up instead of just a whole peach tossed vaguely in their direction.
But when it comes to peaches, mint, honey and strawberries..
Do I have to go on?
Those flavors are meant to go together!
So, take the extra 0.030 minutes to make the dressing. IT’S WORTH IT!
Here’s some really good ways to serve this simple summer fruit salad –
- First, eat half of the fruit salad straight from the bowl while standing over your kitchen sink mentally making a to-do list that will never get done.
- The other half of the fruit salad, is great as a side for your kiddos lunch, a fun snack for on-the-go, or even a dessert (you can and should drizzle more honey on it if serving for dessert).
- Use as a fruit topping on pancakes. I would top the pancakes with a big scoop of summer fruit salad and then drizzle everything with a more honey a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
- Make a summer parfait – layer some plain greek yogurt in a tall cup, then drizzle in a good amount of honey (honey seems to be the theme of today’s post), add a big heaping spoonful of Peach Summer Fruit Salad and a spoonful of your favorite granola. Repeat until the glass if full and then drizzle your final layer of honey, because it’s honey and it’s yummy.
However you eat it, eat it now and eat a lot of it before it all goes away until next summer.
Peach Summer Salad with Mint + Honey Dressing
2 peaches, pitted and chopped
1 cup chopped or sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon honey**
2-3 mint leaves, finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, gently mix together the peaches, strawberries and blackberries.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and honey until honey is dissolved. Add in mint leaves and gently mix.
3. Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and gently mix until all fruit is lightly covered in the dressing.
**Note about Honey – If making for kiddos under a year in age, skip the honey and use agave nectar or maple syrup instead. Honey, should not be given to kids under one year in age.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 6 servings
Storage: best if served right away but will also last overnight in air-tight container in fridge. I have found that quartering the strawberries, instead of slicing them, makes the salad last longer.