Homemade Lunchables: a fun and healthy way to pack one of your kids’ favorite lunches! This lunch is great packed for school or for lunch at home. Since a lot of kids will not be going to school this year, that doesn’t mean they have to miss out on the fun lunches!
When school starts it can be really tricky to give your kid 🧒 something fun and nutritious to take with them for lunch. That’s where these super cute DIY Lunchables come in!
This is quite possibly my kids’ all-time favorite lunch❤️!
I mean, it’s a healthier (and cheaper) take on the classic Lunchable.. so I’m not sure why I am so surprised.
This lunch is quick and easy to put together ⏰ on a busy morning or the night before and you can easily customize it to suit any of your child’s taste or allergy preferences.
Plus – this is a great lunch for your kids to be able to make by themselves in the morning.
Reasons to Loves These Lunchables
- great for school lunches
- or lunch at home
- can be customized to suit any kids taste or allergy preference
- wholesome ingredients
- easy to make, and you can make them the night before for a hassle-free morning.
- dairy-free – use a dairy-free cheese
- gluten-free – use gluten-free crackers
- vegetarian – use a vegan turkey and pepperoni, or replace with sliced peppers
What’s In this Lunch
- Lunchable: Deli turkey, cheddar cheese, pepperoni, crackers
- Heart Strawberries and Blueberries: Cut the strawberries into a heart shape by taking out the core. You can also use other fruits like grapes or raspberries.
- Ribbon Carrots: I like to make the carrots into ribbons by using a vegetable peeler. They are a fun way to eat your veggies!
- Popcorn: I haven’t met any kid that doesn’t like popcorn! It’s whole grain, high in fiber and has carbohydrates to give them energy for the afternoon.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I like to add in some chocolate chips for a little treat. You can use milk, white or semi-sweet, whatever is your kids’ favorite.
Items you May Need
- PlanetBox Lunch Box
- Pink Plate
- Round Silicone Cups
- Flower Fruit and Veggie Cutter (similar)
- Vegetable Peeler
Make-Ahead Healthy Homemade Lunchables
You can easily make these packed lunches the night before, and keep them in the fridge so that they are easy to grab in the morning.
You can easily mix up the veggies, fruits and snacks each day so that your kid doesn’t get bored! Try swapping in:
- Sliced bell peppers
- Sweet + Savory Popcorn Trail Mix
- Wild Birds Trail Mix
- Sliced apple
- Healthy On-The-Go Granola Bars for Toddlers + Kids
MORE SCHOOL LUNCH INSPIRATION
- 20 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
- 68 Preschool and Kindergarten School Lunch Ideas
- 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunch Ideas (no sandwiches!)
- 9 Best Kids Bento Boxes for School (expert review)
- 100 Healthy School Lunch Box Ideas (Free Printables!)
Homemade Lunchable for School Lunch or Home
- 1 slice deli turkey or ham
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices pepperoni or sausage
- 8-10 crackers
- 1 carrot
- 3 strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup popcorn, or other salty snack
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- On a cutting board, cut a slice of cheese into 4 equal pieces. Using a shaped veggie cutter, cut out a shape in the center of each square of cheese.Roll up the piece of lunch meat and slice into 3-4 rolls. Place the turkey, cheese, pepperoni and crackers into the main section of a lunchbox or on a plate.
- Peel the carrot and then only using one side of the carrot, peel the carrot to make carrot ribbons, place the ribbons in a lunchbox or on a plate.
- Using a small knife, take the strawberries and cut a V-shaped notch on top of the berry and remove the berry's core. Place the heart strawberries and blueberries into a section of the lunchbox or plate.
- Add the popcorn and mini chocolate chips to the final section.