This Veggie-Loaded Hummus Baby Food or Toddler Dip is an amazing recipe that grows with your baby! You can serve as a puree to baby or use it as a dip for baby-led weaning or for your toddler. Made with carrots, sweet potatoes and chickpeas, this recipe is so good that you will want to eat it as well!
Veggie Hummus Baby Food or Toddler Dip
A recipe that grows with your baby!
For baby, serve this delicious puree as is.
For a toddler version, you can add in a few more chickpeas along with a pinch of garlic and cumin and a drizzle of olive oil for a fun take on a veggie-loaded hummus. Serve with your toddler’s favorite cut veggies and fresh pita wedges for some dipping fun.
For an adult version, (yes, I am seriously saying you should eat this baby and toddler food!, it’s just that good:) you can smear the veggie hummus onto a tortilla and fill with slices of turkey, pepper slices, feta cheese and spinach, then roll it all up and cut in half for a healthy lunch.
This recipe is filled with carrots, sweet potatoes and chickpeas, and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Truly, a recipe your entire family will enjoy!
Reasons to love this VEGGIE HUMMUS BABY FOOD OR TODDLER DIP:
- great puree for baby
- great hummus dip for toddler
- veggie loaded
- good amount of protein
- #hiddenveggies for picky toddlers
- easy to make – 20 minutes or less
- great for 9+ months and up
- dip is great for baby-led weaning or the finger food stage
- vegan and vegetarian
MORE RECIPES YOUR BABY + TODDLER WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 3 Fall Blender Muffins for Baby + Toddler (GF)
- Back-to-School Granola (NF)
- Toddler Breakfast Oat Cups – 4 Tasty Ways (GF, DF)
- 8 Baby-Led Weaning Meal Ideas for Baby + Toddler
Carrot, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Baby Food Puree (or Toddler Veggie Dip)
- 3 medium carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas rinsed
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, add in the sweet potato cubes, carrots and chickpeas, place basket over boiling water and cover. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until all ingredients are tender when pricked with a fork. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, adding in additional reserved steamer water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.