Healthy Gingerbread Waffles – made with white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, iron filled molasses and ground ginger are a perfect way to introduce the rich, comforting and festive flavor of gingerbread to baby and toddler.
These gingerbread waffles are going to make your little one’s Christmas morning!
Okay, you’re right.. that’s totally not true.
Playing with the boxes from the presents they just opened is what is going to make their morning;)
So let me rephrase, these gingerbread waffles are going to make your little one’s Christmas morning brunch!
These waffles are SOOOO good that they totally made the cut – they will be part of my Christmas brunch table this year! Served with coconut whipped cream and chopped pears, of course.
Light, fluffy and filled with just enough gingerbread spice to make them a celebration in your mouth.
Perfect for 9 months – 100 years! These waffles are great for the entire crowd.
Here’s to a yummy and festive holiday season!
Reasons to Love These Healthy Gingerbread Waffles:
Has the perfect amount of gingerbread spices for babies – adults to enjoy
Can be made with White Whole Wheat or Gluten-Free Flour (both taste delicious)
Dairy-Free – can be made with any type of milk – cow, almond, coconut, hemp, etc
Nut-Free (perfect to send to preschool as a snack or in a school lunch)
Perfect for all ages 9 months and up
Freezer-Friendly for those crazy busy mornings
Filled with iron from the molasses
Ways to Serve these Healthy Gingerbread Waffles:
drizzled with a little maple syrup and sprinkled with hemp seeds
topped with raspberries. strawberries, pear chunks and a drizzle of honey
spread with cream cheese and your favorite jam and made into a sandwich
topped with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon
dusted with powdered sugar
cut into strips and served with a small bowl of yogurt to dip them in
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD WAFFLES FOR BABY + TODDLERS
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
Healthy Gingerbread Waffles
- Heat a waffle iron on medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla and 1 cup of milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. If your batter is too thick, add more milk in 1/4 cup increments until batter resembles cake batter. I have found that the gluten-free flour needs more milk then the white whole wheat flour.
- Pour 1/4 cup of waffle batter onto each waffle mold and cook according to your waffle irons directions.
- Let cool slightly and serve.