Banana + Pear + Ginger Baby Food Puree
This Banana, Pear + Ginger Fast Baby Food Puree is an easy starter puree for baby! It’s full of flavor and an awesome freezer stash. Made with just four ingredients – banana, pear, ginger and formula or breast milk – this recipe is as fast and easy as it gets!
Banana, Pear + Ginger Baby Food Puree
I am officially going to re-name this puree to be – Best Puree for Babies and Toddlers for Traveling Ever Made in the History of Baby Food Making!!! Someone quick, run that new name down to the title office.
We went on vacation, actually we are on vacation right now.. hello from paradise, but before I left I just had to make this puree again to share it with you. It is the best puree ever made, so one has to share that type of priceless info.
Since this was our first trip with Parker (gulp) and our first International trip with kids (double gulp), I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into or what to even pack.
So after many nights overanalyzing it, I decided that we needed at least 3 suitcases full of stuff, I hesitantly backed out of actually shipping a box to the place we were staying but decided that might be overkill, this puree in squeesy pouches for both Parker and Ellie for the plane ride and of course a on-line grocery store order with vacation essentials like white wine, spritzer, bags of chips and some local salsa all delivered to our door before our arrival.
When in doubt have wine chilled and waiting your arrival, my new travel motto.
You guys, this puree is one of the smoothest and creamiest purees I have ever made!! And even though I say that all-the-time, I actually out did myself this time.
This puree is beyond delish!
It is so soft and velvety that you almost don’t register how delicious it is until it ends with a swift note of sharp tangy ginger. Like woozers! Hellllloooooo ginger!
So while I just went for it with the ginger, and we all loved the result, you may want to back down on the amount of ginger you add and slowly add it in as you blend up this puree.
For this quick puree, you flash-steam both the pears and the bananas, which helps open up the banana so the end puree isn’t as thick as normal banana purees tend to be and then you blend with just a small amount of freshly grated ginger. Bananas and pears are full of not only potassium, fiber, vitamin A and C, but they also have an amino acid called trytophan which helps baby relax during stressful situations. I added freshly grated ginger for some pow and also because it is great to help relieve nausea and motion sickness in both adults and babies.
Bonus is that bananas help with hangovers, so momma happily finished off the last of the puree while nursing a white wine hangover the first day on vacation. Party ON!
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES YOUR BABY WILL LOVE:
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 10 Super Starter Purees for Baby (Tips, Recipes and Starters Guide on How to Feed Baby)
- 5 Minute Mango Baby Food Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash + Thyme Baby Food Puree
Get the recipe: Banana + Pear + Ginger Baby Food Puree
- 2 pears
- 1 banana
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced (see notes)
- 1/4 cup reserved water, breast milk or formula
- Core and chop the pears, peeling is optional. Peel the banana.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the pears and banana into a steamer basket and steam for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Add the pears, banana and ginger to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding 1/4 cup of reserved water or liquid if needed.
- Place in air-tight container and refrigerate or freeze immediately. This will help with discoloring.