Pumpkin Pancakes for Baby are perfectly soft and fluffy, plus they only require 5-ingredients to make! They are full of healthy ingredients, are freezer friendly as well as super easy to make. Perfect for 6+ months and Baby-Led Weaning, but toddlers and kids will also love these delicious pancakes!
Pumpkin Pancakes for Baby
These pumpkin pancakes are the most perfectly perfect pancakes for your little ones.
They are easy to make 🥣, easy to freeze 🥶, easy to reheat ♨️ and easy to devour 😋!
Filled with 5 wholesome ingredients, they come together in mere minutes and are perfectly spiced and flavorful without any added sugar.
REASONS TO LOVE THESE PANCAKES FOR BABY
- great for baby-led weaning
- toddlers and kids also love these pancakes
- 5-simple ingredients
- great for breakfast, lunch or snack
- good source of protein
- no added sugar
- can be made gluten-free
- naturally nut-free
- White Whole Wheat Flour: you can also use all-purpose, whole wheat or a one-for-one gluten-free blend if you prefer. I find the white whole wheat is a great option as it is packed with nutrients yet also makes fluffy pancakes.
- Pumpkin Puree: you can use store-bought canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon: you can use either of these spices in this recipe.
- Baking Powder
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and eggs.
- Dry Ingredients: on top of the wet ingredients add in the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt and stir until combined.
- Cook: Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spray or oil skillet. For small pancakes add 1 tablespoon of batter to the skillet at a time and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden on the bottom and bubbles appear along the edges. Flip and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with all of the batter.
- Dig In: Serve and enjoy.
HOW TO SERVE THESE PANCAKES
I served these pancakes with a side of pear sauce along with a few sliced raspberries. Here are some other great ways to serve these pancakes to baby:
- Cut into long strips with a spread of peanut butter or other nut butter on top.
- Spread cream cheese on one pancake and then top with a second pancake and cut or ripped into chunks.
- Torn and served with a side of your favorite baby food puree or applesauce to use as a dip.
- Served in chunks with mashed avocado on top.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST PANCAKES
- Take care not to over mix the batter. The dry ingredients should be just combined into the wet. If you over mix the pancakes won’t be soft and fluffy.
- Don’t have the skillet on too high a heat or the outsides will burn and the middle will still be raw.
- You can use homemade or store-bought pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe.
These pancakes for baby are great for make-ahead meals. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the toaster.
MORE RECIPES FOR BABY
- 4 Breakfast Egg Muffins (Baby, Toddler + Kid-Approved)
- Sweet Potato Pancakes for Baby
- 4 Easy Breakfast Cereals for Baby (made in 5 minutes or less!)
- Strawberry Peach Breakfast Cereal for Baby
DID YOU MAKE THESE PUMPKIN PANCAKES FOR YOUR BABE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (see notes)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp milk – optional see notes
- cooking oil or spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and eggs.
- On top of the wet ingredients, add in the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt and gently stir until incorporated. Add in the milk, one tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Spray or oil skillet. For small pancakes add 1 tablespoon of the batter to the skillet at a time and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden on the bottom and bubbles appear along the edges. Flip and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with all of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy!