This Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree recipe is a fun way to introduce the deep flavors of curry to baby on their very first bite! Great baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS ORGANIC Sweet Potato + Mild Curry BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- easy to make – 2-ingredients
- healthy – full of nutrients for growing baby
- baby food for 4 months and up – stage 1 baby food
- great with your favorite homemade baby cereal
- smooth and creamy
- organic puree on a budget
- quick to make – less than 20 minutes
HOW TO MAKE THIS ORGANIC Sweet Potato + Mild Curry BABY FOOD RECIPE:
- peel and roughly chop the sweet potatoes
- place in a steamer basket and steam for 13 minutes or until tender
- transfer the sweet potatoes and curry to a blender
- puree until smooth
- serve or freezer
MORE ORGANIC BABY FOOD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE –
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Foods
- Butternut Squash + Thyme Organic Baby Food Puree
- Broccoli + Chives Organic Baby Food Puree
- Organic Mango + Vanilla Baby Food Puree
- Green Bean + Coconut Oil Organic Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Apple + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato + Mild Curry Baby Food Puree
- Simmered Organic Pear + Cloves Baby Food Puree
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW! I WANT TO SEE YOUR YUMMY CREATIONS! SNAP A PIC AND SHARE IT HERE ON PINTEREST
- 5 small or 3 medium sweet potatoes roughly 1.5 pounds, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp mild curry powder
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the sweet potato chunks into a steamer basket over the boiling water, cover and steam for 12-14 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork. Let cool slightly and reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes and mild curry powder to a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes on high or until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved water, breast milk, formula, water or broth in 1/4 increments if needed. I had to add 1 1/2 cups of reserved water to the puree above. Sweet potatoes are a very dense root vegetable so they will always need more liquid then you would think.
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!