Funfetti Energy Balls for Toddlers + Kids
It’s so easy to make these Funfetti Energy Balls for toddlers and kids! It takes just 10 minutes to make a batch and they make for a fun and tasty snack for your little ones! This recipe is also a great one to make alongside your kiddos.
Energy Balls for Kids
If you are running out of snack ideas 🤔 for your toddlers and kids, then these funfetti energy balls 🎉 might be just what you need!
Super easy to make using natural ingredients, they are a fun and tasty snack that will give your little ones a energy power boost 🏃♀️!
Plus, they have sprinkles in them😍, which makes everything better in life!
Even better, they are a great snack for Mom and Dad too!
Funfetti Energy Balls Video
Watch this video to see how to make these fun snack balls for kids!
Reasons to Love these Energy Balls
- kid and toddler approved
- great for 12 months and up
- full of lots of essential vitamins and minerals for growing baby
- high in fiber
- simple ingredients
- no bake recipe
- just 10 minutes to make
- dairy-free and gluten-free
- great for Mom and Dad too!
- Oats: I like to use old fashioned oats in this recipe as they add a nice texture. You can also use quick oats if that’s what you have.
- Peanut Butter: can also use almond, cashew or seed butter. Look for peanut butter that is natural and made without any added sugar.
- Honey: can also use agave nectar or maple syrup.
- Hemp and Chia Seeds: for an extra power boost, add in both hemp and chia seeds. You can sub one or both for flax seeds if you prefer.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I like to use semi-sweet, but you can use your favorite, white, milk and dark all will work well in this recipe.
- Sprinkles: bring out the fun! I prefer to use these plant-based sprinkles, but you can use whichever sprinkles you prefer.
- Vanilla Extract: vanilla extract adds a nice sweetness and flavor. I prefer to use pure extract rather than imitation.
- Pinch of Salt: a little pinch of salt really helps to bring the sweetness out in each bite.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor, apart from the chocolate and sprinkles and blend.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Scoop the mixture with a cookie scoop and roll the mixture into balls.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
Once the energy bites have chilled, place them in an airtight container in the fridge and they will keep well for up to one week.
COOKING WITH KIDS
You can easily have your toddlers and kids help make these fun and healthy Funfetti Energy Balls!
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the food processor. or you can measure and they can pour. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the food processor blade, as it can be sharp.
- They can help put the lid on the food processor and push start.
- You can have them help you count to 10, and then push stop.
- Once you remove the blade, toddlers can assist in transferring the base of the energy balls to a medium bowl.
- Toddlers will definitely want to help measure and pour the chocolate chip and sprinkles into the bowl (while testing them out of course 😉).
- Once mixed and chilled, toddlers can help you roll the energy balls out. Theirs will not look like balls and they might eat half of the batch on the spot, but that is all part of the fun.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can take out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the food processor blade, as it can be sharp.
- Once mixed and chilled, kids can roll the energy balls by themselves or with a little assistance from you.
More Snack Recipes
- Berry Granola Yogurt Bark (toddler + kid approved)
- Rainbow Popsicles for Toddler + Kids
- Healthy Funfetti Granola Bars (toddler + kid fav!)
- Healthy Spiced Apple Dip for Toddlers + Kids
- 100 Toddler + Kids Snack Ideas (plus FREE printable)
- 14 On-The-Go Healthy Snacks for Kids + Toddlers
DID YOU MAKE THIS ENERGY BALLS FOR YOUR KIDS?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Get the recipe: Funfetti Energy Bites for Kids
- Place the oats, peanut butter, sweetener, seeds, vanilla extract and salt into a food processor.
- Process in 10-20 second intervals, scraping down sides, until the ingredients are mixed and still slightly chunky (see photos for reference).
- Pour this base mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- I find that by placing the bowl in the fridge for 20-30 minutes helps firm the dough up and is easier to roll into balls. But you can also just roll them into balls at this step.
- Scoop the mixture out of the bowl with a cookie scoop and roll the mixture into 1" balls. Repeat this process until all the dough is formed into balls.