Flavorful Grape Popsicles
Learn how to make these healthy, flavorful Grape Popsicles for the easiest and coolest summer treat. Use sweet, juicy grapes for a homemade popsicle that kids will adore!
Healthy Grape Popsicles
How do I keep my kids hydrated during the hot summer months, when they don’t drink enough water? Popsicles!
Popsicles are great snacks for kids for several reasons. First, they are a delicious and refreshing treat, especially during the hot summer months. Second, they are easy to make at home using natural and healthy ingredients. Third, you can make them using a variety of flavors, so it’s easy to find one that your child will enjoy. Finally, they can be a fun and interactive snack that kids can enjoy while playing outdoors.
I’ve found that these grape popsicles are also a great way to encourage my kids to eat more fruit. Plus, making popsicles at home allows me to control the ingredients and avoid artificial additives found in store-bought options.
If you are looking for more easy and healthy frozen desserts for your little one, then be sure to check out these delicious Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles, Healthy Watermelon Popsicles, these reader-favorite Banana Popsicles, or these hidden-veggie filled Healthy Popsicles for Toddlers. You can also find more recipes and information in my best-selling cookbook Little Foodies: Recipes for Babies and Toddlers with Taste.
Reasons to Love Grape Popsicles
- Simple to prepare
- Makes for a refreshing treat on a hot day
- Naturally sweetened for a healthier treat
- Easy to eat and can be enjoyed on-the-go
- Quick source of hydration and nutrients for kids who don’t drink enough water
Be sure to read the full recipe card below for full ingredient amounts and instructions.
- Grapes: I prefer red grapes, but you could also use green. Just make sure they are seedless.
- Honey: if serving to kids under 1 year of age, you can substitute maple syrup or omit altogether.
- Lemon (optional): but a little squeeze brings out the flavor of the grapes.
- Grape Juice (optional): helps popsicles have a more intense flavor and helps add a little liquid to even out the skin in the grapes.
Health Benefits of Grape Popsicles: These grape popsicles are bursting with nutrition. Grapes, especially red or purple grapes, are full of vitamins C and K and antioxidants. They are also mostly water, which will help keep kiddos hydrated.
Make sure to read the recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions!
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Pop the popsicles out of the molds and enjoy!
You can make these easy popsicles as-is, or you can add in one or two extra ingredients. Here are a couple of our favorite additions:
- chopped grapes
- slices or chopped pieces of banana
- blend with a handful of spinach
Cooking with Kids
This recipe is great for having your little ones help you with it.
- Toddlers can help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- They can help put the lid on the blender and push start. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Once blended, toddlers can help pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle molds. You may want to pour the popsicle mixture into a smaller measuring cup with a pour lip to make it easier on them.
- With help, they can place the popsicle molds into the freezer. My kids always spill the tray at this point, so just give them an extra hand.
- You can pretty much let older kids make this recipe by themselves.
- They can pick out and measure all of the ingredients. Note: make sure to talk about not touching the blender blade while making something in the blender, as it can be sharp.
- Kids can pour the popsicle mixture into the molds and place the popsicles into the freezer.
How to Store
After removing from the popsicle molds, store grape popsicles in a freezer-safe bag for up to 1 month in the freezer.
Best Popsicle Molds
If you’re looking for fun and colorful popsicle molds, check out my guide to 6 of the best kid-friendly popsicle molds. There are options for every age – babies, toddlers, and big kids (including adults).
BEST FOR BABY & TODDLERS
BEST FOR KIDS
- Zoku Classic Pop Molds
- 6 Silicone Popsicle Molds
- Rainbow Popsicle Silicone Molds
- Collapsible Popsicles Molds
- Popsicles can help soothe sore throats or provide relief from teething pain (just make sure your little one is over 1 year of age if giving honey).
- Use a high-powered blender and puree until super smooth, for the best texture.
- If your popsicles seem to be sticking in the mold, running the base under warm water for about 30 seconds will help release a popsicle easily.
- After removing your popsicles from the molds, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and put them back in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Then remove the tray and place your popsicles in a freezer-safe bag or container. This second freezing helps popsicles hold their shape a little better so they won’t melt as quickly when eating them.
Get the recipe: Refreshing Grape Popsicles (3 Ingredients)
- 3 cups grapes, seedless
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp grape juice (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds, and add popsicle sticks.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 5 hours, but preferably overnight. Pop the popsicles out of the molds and enjoy!