This 5-Minute Pear + Blueberry Baby Food recipe is a simple and delicious baby food puree filled with fiber, antioxidants, folate and potassium for the win! Great Stage 2 Baby Food – 6+ Months and up.
5-Minute Pear + Blueberry Baby Food Pure
This delicious and colorful puree is filled with 2 easy-to-find ingredients – juicy pears and sweet blueberries.
Easy, peasy blueberry-squeezy.
It tastes so good that it will knock your little ones socks off!
Not only does this puree taste amazing, but it is also full of essential vitamins and minerals for baby. Pears are loaded with two different types of fiber and help aide in baby’s delicate digestive system. Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet and are full of fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, K and B6 and a ton of antioxidants which help boost baby’s growing brain, help fight off cancer causing free-radicals and helps support digestion. Wow!
I used one of my favorite puree recipes from one of my favorite brands of baby food, Beech-Nut, to come up with this winning combination, and boy was I happy I copied their puree.
This puree has just enough tartiness from the blueberries to balance out the sweetness from the pears. If you want to kick it up a little, feel free to add in a pinch of cinnamon or cloves to the puree for some more depth.
Anyway you serve this puree, it will for sure be a winner with both you and baby!
How To Make This Puree
- Prep: peel and roughly chop the pears.
- Steam: place pears in a steamer basket and steam for 3 minutes.
- Add Ingredient: add in the blueberries and steam for 2 more minutes.
- Blend: transfer all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
- 18 Stage 2 Baby Food Purees (that your baby actually eat!)
- 12 Budget-Friendly Baby Food Recipes
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees
- Spinach + Apple Baby Food Puree
- Sweet Potato Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
5-Minute Pear + Blueberry Baby Puree
- 2 cups pear chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, place the chopped pear, cover and steam for 3 minutes. Add the blueberries on top of the pears, cover and steam for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth and blueberry skins are completely pureed. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer – this post was sponsored by Beech-Nut baby foods and contains affiliate links, but 100% of the opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Baby FoodE!