This Sweet Potato, Banana + Cinnamon Baby Food Puree is a creamy and nutrient dense homemade puree for baby! Made with only 3-ingredients – sweet potatoes, bananas and a pinch of cinnamon, this puree is as easy to make as it is to eat! Great for 6+ months – stage 2 baby food.
This amazingly delicious and easy to make puree is part of the serious – Sweet Potato Baby Food – 3 Delicious Ways.
Head over to the full post to find out why I love serving sweet potatoes to baby (hint.. they are packed with nutrients for growing baby) as well as 2 of my other favorite sweet potato for baby recipes!
MORE BABY PUREE RECIPES
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Make and Serve Homemade Baby Food
- 15 Stage One Baby Purees (that actually taste delicious)
- 9 5-Minute Baby Food Purees (Fast, Healthy & Homemade)
- 7 Organic Starter Baby Purees for Under $20
- Top Tools for Making Baby Purees
- Apple Baby Puree – 3 Delicious Ways
- 12 Budget-Friendly Homemade Baby Food Purees (75% Savings on Store-Bought Brands)
Sweet Potato, Banana and Cinnamon Baby Food Puree
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 banana
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. In a steamer basket, add in the sweet potato cubes, place basket over boiling water and cover. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until all ingredients are tender when pricked with a fork. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a blender or food processor and add in the banana and cinnamon. Add in 1/4 cup liquid (steamer water, breast milk, formula, stock or water).
- Puree all of the ingredient at high speed for 1-2 minutes or until you reach your desired consistency. Add in additional liquid in 1/4 cup increments if puree is too thick. I had to add in 1/2 cup of reserved steamer water to the puree pictured above.