DIY Heart Pizza Lunchable
This DIY Heart Pizza Lunchable is a fun and easy school lunch that gets 2-thumbs up from both of my girls 👍👍! A great school lunch to pack on Valentine’s Day or any other day you want to send your kid a little love ❤️.
Pizza Lunchables for Kids
These easy ❤️ heart-shaped pizza lunchables will make any kid excited to bring a homemade lunch to school!
This DIY lunch is packed with heart-shaped pita bread, pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. Perfect for all of those kids that want to do it themselves 😉
If your kiddo doesn’t care for pepperoni, then you can simply add-in any chopped veggie or topping they prefer – chopped green or red peppers, sliced mushrooms, pineapple, slices of ham, sliced black olives, shredded basil, etc.
Reasons to Love this School Lunch
- great for school lunches
- can be customized to suit any kids taste preference
- dairy-free – use a dairy-free shredded cheese
- gluten-free – use a gluten-free flatbread of pita
- vegetarian – use a vegan pepperoni or replace with sliced peppers
- wholesome ingredients
- can use any whole wheat or regular pita or flatbread you prefer
What’s in this Lunch
- Heart Cut Pita Bread: I used the fluffier style of pita bread in this recipe, but any pre-cooked pizza crust, halved English muffins, flatbread or big crackers will work. You can use either regular, whole wheat or gluten-free versions of the above.
- Mozzarella + Pizza Sauce: it’s best to use shredded mozzarella or an Italian cheese blend for this lunch. You can use either pizza sauce, tomato sauce or marinara.
- Heart Cut Pepperoni: you can use any pepperoni or vegan pepperoni in this recipe. If your kiddo doesn’t care for pepperoni, then you can simply add-in any chopped veggie or topping they prefer – chopped green or red peppers, sliced mushrooms, pineapple, slices of ham, sliced black olives, shredded basil, etc.
- Grapes + Heart Watermelon Spears: I made heart wands for this lunch, but you can definitely just add in the fruit and call it a day. You will still be an amazing mom if you don’t spear the fruit on a stick, promise!
- Dye-Free Candy: you can use any candy or small chocolate in the lunchbox. You can also add a sweet note in there as well if you prefer to not add in sweets to your kid’s lunchboxes.
Items you need for this Lunch Box
More School Lunch Inspiration
- 20 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
- 68 Preschool and Kindergarten School Lunch Ideas
- 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunch Ideas (no sandwiches!)
- 9 Best Kids Bento Boxes for School (expert review)
- 100 Healthy School Lunch Box Ideas (Free Printables!)
Get the recipe: DIY Heart Pizza Lunchable
- 1 pita bread or flatbread
- 1/4 cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 10-12 grapes
- 1 slice watermelon
- 3-4 pieces small candy or chocolate
- Place the pita bread on a cutting board and using a big heart-shaped cookie cutter (or any other shape you want), cut out a couple of heart shapes for the pizza crust. Add to a lunchbox.
- Spoon the pizza sauce into a leak-proof container. Add the cheese to a separate leak-proof container. Add containers to a lunchbox.
- Place the slices of pepperoni on a cutting board and using a small heart-shaped cutter, cut out some pieces. Add pepperoni hearts to a lunchbox.
- Place the watermelon slice on the cutting board and cut with the small heart-shaped cutter into 4 pieces. Taking a lollipop stick, thread grapes down the middle of the stick and finish it off with hearts on both sides. Place the spears in a lunchbox.
- Finally, add in a couple of small dye-free candy or chocolate to the lunchbox for an extra special treat.