These 14 Christmas Story Books are a fun way for toddlers to experience the magic of the holiday season through the magic of books! Great for ages 2-4 years.
Christmas Books for Toddlers
I have read some of the books below so many times I am pretty sure I have them memorized. So if you see a tired mom wearing yoga pants and a crazy top bun reciting The Bear Stays Up while shopping at Target, you can go ahead and ignore her, she’s not entirely crazy;)
These 14 Magical Holiday Books for Toddlers are my family’s favorites!
Here’s why –
- They are short enough to hold a squirmy toddlers attention
- They are fun to read books with animals, blinking lights, fun pop-ups or overlays
- Some are songbooks (even though you may or may not thank me for those ones;)
- They are each magical in their own way
So grab some of the books below, your little one, a cozy blanket and enjoy a book filled magical moment together.
More Holiday Book and Gift Guide Posts That You Will Love:
- 20 Christmas Board Books for Baby
- 30 Whimsical Holiday Story Books for Kids
- 50 Top Christmas Gifts for Baby
- 75 Top Holiday Gifts for Toddler
- 100 Top Christmas Gifts for Kids
STORY BOOKS FOR AGES 2-4
- Christmas Songs: Interactive Children’s Sound Book – Everyone loves Christmas music so come introduce your little one to the festive celebration! These classic Christmas carols and festive illustrations are sure to fill your home with holiday cheer!
- Stick Man – one of my family’s all-time favorite books about a stick that just wants to be home with his stick family for the holidays. Thousands of 5-star reviews!
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas (The Bear Books) – my personal favorite Christmas book about festive forest animals. Bear’s friends are determined to keep Bear awake for Christmas! So they wake Bear up and have him help them find a Christmas tree, bake cakes, hang up stockings, and sing Christmas songs. Bear stays up—by discovering that giving is one of the best Christmas presents of all!
- Dream Snow – It’s almost Christmas and it hasn’t snowed yet. As the farmer naps on his small farm, he dreams of being covered in a gentle blanket of new snow. Then, one by one, he dreams of each of his five animals (aptly named One, Two, Three, Four, and Five) being covered as well. Turn the plastic page to discover what kind of critter lies beneath the snow. Carle’s magnificent collages, as always, are the heart and soul of his books.
- The 12 Days of Christmas – Kids will love each silly spread in this raucous take on the classic carol that is perfect for reading aloud around the fireplace.
- How to Catch an Elf – You’ve been waiting all year long, and now it’s finally Christmas Eve! Is this the year you’ll finally catch an elf?
- 5 More Sleeps ‘til Christmas – Everyone who grew up celebrating Christmas remembers the excitement that built up to the most magical day of the year. But why not make the last week until Christmas more fun by counting how many sleeps until the arrival of Santa and his reindeer?
- Woodland Christmas: A Festive Wintertime Pop-Up Book – This charming tale portrays woodland animals preparing for winter – and for Christmas! With cute artwork and fun pop-ups on every spread.
- Dinosaur Christmas – Calling all Dino lovers! What did Santa use to pull his sleigh before he had reindeer? Dinosaurs! Santa Claus reminisces about “the good old days” when dinosaurs pulled his sleigh. The Tyrannosaurus rex wouldn’t stop licking Santa, the Pterosaurs flew too high, and the Maiasauras ate presents when no one was looking!
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas – It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Little Blue Truck is spreading cheer by delivering Christmas trees to his animal friends. Can you help count each green tree from one to five and back again? Don’t forget to save one for Blue! Beep! Beep!
- Merry Christmas, Little Elliot – Little Elliot the elephant isn’t quite sure what Christmas spirit is, but he suspects he doesn’t have it. A heartfelt celebration of the season of giving! Perfect for sharing around the holidays.
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland – The classic and beloved winter holiday song “Walking in a Winter Wonderland” is brought to life with bright and colorful illustrations.
- The Littlest Christmas Tree – There are only five days until Christmas, and the Littlest Christmas Tree is still waiting for a home. All it wants is for a family to take it home, decorate it, and sing its favorite song.
- Construction Site on Christmas Night – Your kids will have fun discovering the special surprise awaiting each vehicle as much as they will love rhyming along with the story. This cute book is sure to be a classic!
OTHER HOLIDAYS BOOKS TO CELEBRATE
Shmelf the Hanukkah Elf – The rich traditions of Hanukkah come to life in this whimsical and magical story that’s perfect for the holiday season.
Latke, the Lucky Dog (Hanukkah) – Rescued from an animal shelter on the first night of Hanukkah, Latke has trouble learning the house rules. Despite a series of mishaps, he is one Lucky Dog!