Spiced Blender Pancakes
These spiced pancakes are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free and are filled instead with wholesome oats, one banana, a splash of almond milk and a big pinch of warming spices. The best part - they are 100% made in a blender and the prep time is under 4 minutes!
Servings: 7 4" pancakes
- 1 cup dry old-fashion oats see notes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
In a high speed blender, add in the oats, banana, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Blend on low for 10 seconds, scrape down sides, and then blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the oats are complete broken down and the batter is smooth. Add in the baking powder and then blend on low for 20 seconds.
Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray, olive oil or coconut oil. Pour roughly 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles appear, flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Continue process until all the batter is gone.
I find that sometimes the batter gets a little too thick during the waiting process. If that happens, add a tablespoon of milk into the batter at a time, and blend until you have the right consistency.
- If gluten free, make sure you use oats that are specified as Gluten Free.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge for 1 week or freezer for 2 months. Reheat frozen pancakes in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or by popping them into your toaster.
- Age: great for babies 7+ months of age, toddler and even adults
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5.6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 2.8g | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg