- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar maple syrup, honey or sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease one loaf pan with butter or oil and then dust with flour.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, olive oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract until well combined and smooth.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Add in the zucchini and half of the walnuts (if using) and gently fold in.
Pour the zucchini mix into the loaf pan, spreading out until level. Sprinkle on the remaining walnuts.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
* Note on Flour - you can also use whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour or a mix of them. I find that white whole wheat flour works great for baked goods and is still loaded with all the benefits of whole wheat flour (read more here). You can also make this gluten free by switching out the flour for a gluten free mix.
Storage: 4 days on counter or 3 months in freezer
Calories: 253kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 501mg, Potassium: 188mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 148IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 70mg, Iron: 1mg