Healthy Yogurt Melts for Baby and Toddler
These 2-Ingredients Healthy Yogurt Melts are great for baby (and toddler) as a cold refreshing treat, as a gumming tool to help ease the pain of teething or for a quick yummy snack! Bonus, that each melt is loaded with protein, probiotics and essential vitamins and minerals from colorful fruits and vegetables!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon baby food puree
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt and baby food puree until completely incorporated.
Spoon yogurt mixture into a resealable baggie (also pipping bags or even reusable pouches work great here) and cut the very end of the bag off. At any point your yogurt blend becomes too thin or runny, simply put the baggie back into the fridge for a couple of minutes to harden back up.
Squirt small round dots into rows onto the baking sheet. When the baking sheet is full, place the baking sheet into the freezer for 2 hours or overnight to harden. Pop the melts off of the parchment paper and store in air-tight container. These melts do melt rather quickly so it's best to only take out a couple at a time.
- For toddlers over the age of one, you can add in a teaspoon of honey for a sweeter treat.
- I made 3 different batches of this recipe using 3 different purees so I could get a variety of pink melts. I used Beech-Nuts beets, pear & pomegranate puree, just guava, pear & strawberry puree and just apple, strawberry & beets puree. But almost any homemade puree or puree fromBeech-Nut would work great for this recipe.
- Storage: in air-tight container in freezer for up to 4 months