- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 peppers, red, orange or yellow, seeded and cut into slices (keep some seperate if serving them uncooked to kids)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime
- 10 tortillas, corn, regular, gluten-free or whole wheat
See below for Topping Suggestions
Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or a silicon mat.
Pat dry shrimp (defrost if frozen first) and place on the baking sheet. Place the cut peppers and onion onto the baking sheet. You can mix the peppers and shrimp up if you wish. I kept mine seperate because my husband is a vegetarian.
In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, chili, onion, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper. Sprikle the spice mixture over the shrimp, peppers and onions. Using tongs, toss the ingredients until they are mixed with the spices.
Wrap the tortillas inside a piece of tinfoil.
Place the baking sheet and the wrapped tortillas inside the oven. You can place the tortillas right on the rack if you don't have room on the baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes. Then turn heat to a broil and then broil for 3-4 more mintues until shrimp are cooked through and golden brown.
Take the baking sheet out of the oven and squeeze the lime over all of the ingredients.
Place the shrimp, peppers and onions inside of a tortilla and add your favorite toppings.
Age: 6 months and up if doing baby-led weaning
Storage: cooked shrimp and peppers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- avocado - smashed and on top of the taco or diced on the side
- guacamole- or kick it up a notch with store bought or homemade guac
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- fire-roasted corn
- picked onions
- hot sauce
- squeeze of lime juice
- cabbage slaw
- shredded lettuce
- cilantro creme
- mango salsa
Great Family-Friendly Sides:
- Mexican rice or cilantro rice
- beans - refried, black, pinto, etc - with shredded cheese on top
- side salad with avocado, green onions and a salsa dressing
- chunks of pineapple or melon
- fresh pepper strips - great with an avocado dip
- fire roasted corn
Serving: 1small tortilla, Calories: 114kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 1.6g, Saturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 96mg, Sodium: 125mg, Potassium: 174mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 0.9g, Calcium: 65mg, Iron: 1mg