Salmon, Sweet Potato + Apricot Baby Food Puree
This superpower puree is loaded with protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and C and calcium.
Servings: 15 ounces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 apricots, pitted and chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 4 oz salmon, skin removed
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
Instructions using Beaba’s Babycook Pro
Fill one basket with the sweet potato, apricots and salmon, in that order. Using the measuring bowl, fill the correlating heating tank to a level 3 with water.
Lock bowl in place and turn baby cook on.
Run steam cycle.
Keep the cooking juices and transfer the contents of the salmon basket into the blender, adding the sage and pulse in 3 second bursts until you reach your desired consistency.
Instructions for Regular Cook Method
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2″ of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the sweet potato, apricot and salmon into a steamer basket over boiling water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked all the way through. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
Transfer all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor, add sage and puree until you reach your desired consistency, adding reserved steamer water in 1/4 cup increments if needed.
Age: 6+ months
Yield: 15 ounces
Storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 2 months (this and this are my favorite freezer storage containers).
Favorite Kitchen Tools: Get a list of my favorite kitchen tools to make the best baby food here!